Anyone with TP_Link Archer C7 AC1750 Router, How's Your Wifi Range?

You sure about that?
Yes, especially the power line to the router, modem and all connected equipment ex. Computers, usb connections, monitors...I also put them on all ethernet connections.
They are cheap, they work and can’t do any harm but will greatly help if you do have an issue which you may not be aware of unless you try it.
You may notice most quality desktop monitors have them on the powerlines, hi end camera equipment USB cables have them on it. Gaming systems, much High end equipment including TVs and quality HDMI cables.
Commercial equipment such as printers and currency counters in banks have them. There must be something to it or these manufacturers would not include them on their equipment.
Also TV antennas done properly where the coax cable is up near the TV antenna.

Security systems for sure and this was the big one for me. We have two in wall wireless touchpad keypads that remotely transmit to the central security unit. It has a built-in RF meter and when first installed it was kind of funky where you would sometimes hit in your code And it would not always disarm unless you did it a second time.
I put the them on the powerlines behind the wall to the touchpad’s, actually I doubled them up RF went up from 1 to 2 buyers to a full four bars. Never had an issue again.
so here we are a couple years later and I have them on anything electronic including all the connections to our six TVs, Roku boxes ect ect, wife’s second floor work station and power line adapter as well as two laser printers...
🙃 OK you get the picture of how I feel about the subject, hope it makes sense using text to speech And gotta run
Keep in mind it’s not just me, some of the equipment I mention already come with them installed from the factory.
Whether or not this has anything to do with it I’ll never know but never ever ever do we have to reset our modem, router or powerline adapter To my wife’s heavily used workstation. We also have them on our two phone systems.

Last edited:
Yes, especially the power line to the router, modem and all connected equipment ex. Computers, usb connections, monitors...I also put them on all ethernet connections.
They are cheap, they work and can’t do any harm but will greatly help if you do have an issue which you may not be aware of unless you try it.
You may notice most quality desktop monitors have them on the powerlines, hi end camera equipment USB cables have them on it. Gaming systems, much High end equipment including TVs and quality HDMI cables.
Commercial equipment such as printers and currency counters in banks have them. There must be something to it or these manufacturers would not include them on their equipment.
Also TV antennas done properly where the coax cable is up near the TV antenna.

Security systems for sure and this was the big one for me. We have two in wall wireless touchpad keypads that remotely transmit to the central security unit. It has a built-in RF meter and when first installed it was kind of funky where you would sometimes hit in your code And it would not always disarm unless you did it a second time.
I put the them on the powerlines behind the wall to the touchpad’s, actually I doubled them up RF went up from 1 to 2 buyers to a full four bars. Never had an issue again.
so here we are a couple years later and I have them on anything electronic including all the connections to our six TVs, Roku boxes ect ect, wife’s second floor work station and power line adapter as well as two laser printers...
🙃 OK you get the picture of how I feel about the subject, hope it makes sense using text to speech And gotta run
Keep in mind it’s not just me, some of the equipment I mention already come with them installed from the factory.
Whether or not this has anything to do with it I’ll never know but never ever ever do we have to reset our modem, router or powerline adapter To my wife’s heavily used workstation. We also have them on our two phone systems.

I know what you mean. It in theory work on low frequency connection like DC power or audio cable well.

I am not sure USB, ethernet, etc which runs on high frequency signals will help, on the contrary it may cause problem filtering out the good signals instead.

You sure it is not because you spend more time with quality cables, adapters, and checking to make sure it is connected correctly?

You sure it is not because you spend more time with quality cables, adapters, and checking to make sure it is connected correctly?
I’m not sure what you mean, I don’t have any problems.
I’m suggesting for people that do have issues it might be a solution. I do it because I’m a firm believer in it and obviously many manufacturers who send their equipment out with them.

I’m not sure what you mean, I don’t have any problems.
I’m suggesting for people that do have issues it might be a solution. I do it because I’m a firm believer in it and obviously many manufacturers who send their equipment out with them.
What i meant was, when people like you are spending effort to test and make sure things are done right, you already screen the problems to be out to begin with and therefore get better result, not necessarily because the design itself is good.

Example would be people who wants to buy parenting books, they are likely good parents to begin with regardless of what method they use or which book they read.

Back