Anyone using Kumho 711 tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your opinions? Tire Rack has 245/50R16s for $57. With a wedding coming up, I am on a budget, so I was thinking of trying these.

i was thinking about getting the exact same size for my Cougar
smile.gif

problem is, i've heard mixed reviews, from being very good, to being very bad.....so im just gonna go with Yokohama AVS ES100s

I've found that opinion on performance tires greatly depends on how good the tires that you are used to are. If you're used to 90000 treadwear BF Goodrich solid granite T/As, then yeah, the 711s are going to be fantastic. If you're used to a higher performance summer tire like KDs or Azenis or something, then you'll be dissapointed.

They're fine, just not in Snow. We run them on my mom's 2000 Firebird. They're not as good as say an ES100 (what I run) from Yoko or a high-end Michelin, but they're definitely a safe and good quality tire that works well wet and dry...

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
What are your opinions? Tire Rack has 245/50R16s for $57. With a wedding coming up, I am on a budget, so I was thinking of trying these.

I basically fitted these tyres on my sister's Mitsubishi Lancer and they were fine. The tyres were pretty reasonable(cheap here in Asia) and good in performance(no track days here yeah?!) on the street. I used to use the Ecsta 712 for track use and they serve me pretty well. Go for it if you are looking for a decent set of tyres.. Cheers matey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back