Anyone used Office 2007 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys used Office 2007 applications yet? I installed it a couple of days ago and still haven't figured out how to make the darn thing work. Word 2007 was OK - I could do the basic things like formatting text or changing the font colors. Still haven't figured out how to insert a table yet, though.

I was less successful at Excel 2007. I can't figure out how to do my data analysis, or find my add-ons. My customized macros don't show up either.

I wonder what Microsoft was thinking - why would they get rid on menus? Let's see if the corporate clients adopt it.

I still have yet to install it, I got the Beta installs downloaded, but never installed them. A few of my co-workers were using it and really liked it. A lot of the stuff looked similar to Office 2003 to me, but I just haven't gotten the time to test it. It really looked to me that they were attempting to copy the Office for Mac and make it PC compliant.

Microsoft's decisions for Vista aren't all that great (nothing special when compared to XP), so I can't say they made better decisions for Office 2007.

I am using it. The new ribbon interface will take a while to get used to. It's hard to find the function you need, but I guess once you get used to it, it will be ok.
Look under the Insert section to find table options.

There wasn't much change from office XP to office 2003 - was there any change? For now, Office 2003 does everything I need it to - I'll probably be using it until I get a new computer with Vista that comes with Office 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back