Anyone use Proton email service from the USA?

I am moving to another email service as my normal comcast email is a mess. Do you have 100% up service and do you find any lag time since servers are in in Switzerland?

Comcast is banning emails if it Is coming from a site or App that has a viewpoint other then the mainstream media Pushes. They lock it in your spam folder and you can’t make it non spam. If you try to move it to your inbox or forward it, it gets deleted. They are keeping me from signing up to websites and or apps. If it wasn’t happen to me I never would of believed sensorship was this bad. I feel I am in china Or North Korea.

I use the free version and it's been great. Yahoo has really become a problem so I made the switch and glad I did. They did have some downtime recently, but not much, and as I recall it was growing pains. It wasn't a big deal.

I am moving to another email service as my normal comcast email is a mess. Do you have 100% up service and do you find any lag time since servers are in in Switzerland?
Ive used proton mail for gosh, years and years now. Always up.
Hmmm ... lag time, interesting question. Think that is subjective, meaning not sure if any lag is really lag or just more secure when I sign in?

Anyway, it takes about 3 maybe extra seconds to log in on a desktop compared to something like outlook, meaning the time you hit the enter button after entering your user name and password. Im not so sure that is the system and encryption or not. As far as sending and receiving mail, no difference. Also using the app on my cell phone, no difference, again, compared to outlook.com

I think the overall speed of sending and receiving email goes to proton, maybe simply because no ads are being delivered to your desktop. Not sure.

I use both, outlook and proton I prefer the super clean interface of proton by a wide margin/ I have a number of accounts with both services.

Best part is, set up a proton account for free and see how you like it, you can do the same with outlook. Nice part about proton, no ads and completely void of using your information for advertising. Although I have a few emails with both companies I did choose one of those proton accounts to pay for, free or paid, I think you will be happy and certainly would recommend taking the free one to try out, you can always upgrade and think maybe around the holidays they run specials if you do. Free or paid the email works the same, just some extras with the paid version.

Last edited:
Comcast is banning emails if it Is coming from a site or App that has a viewpoint other then the mainstream media Pushes. They lock it in your spam folder and you can’t make it non spam. If you try to move it to your inbox or forward it, it gets deleted. They are keeping me from signing up to websites and or apps. If it wasn’t happen to me I never would of believed sensorship was this bad. I feel I am in china Or North Korea.
Shenanigans.

What's wrong with gmail?

The one line answer is "they can see and monetize the contents of your emails" and do.

Protonmail is unable to see the contents of their users emails.

Additionally the data protection laws that cover Protonmail are much stricter than in the US.

Some people are not bothered by the normalization of tech companies collecting and selling your personal business; i am.

There will be lag time by necessity of spanning the distance; Protonmail recently did have an outage but offered a complete technical explanation leading up to it. It is a personal decision if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

I have no issues using the service

Last edited:
Yes. I've been using it for about 5 years now and love it. The content of emails is encrypted. In a 5 years or so I haven't got even one spam on it. The servers are based in Switzerland which have one of the strictest privacy laws anywhere.

You sound like every other scammer?
I had to laugh at this because Proton can be obtained by anyone, anywhere completely anonymously. It's the perfect platform for... scammers. Not saying it doesn't have benefits. Google does do geographic and other checks when someone goes to create an account.

Office 365 costs a few bucks, but it's good. Another option.

Reactions: Y_K
Back