anyone use Netscape 8.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody use Netscape? I know that it uses the same engine as FF, but how's security, stability, speed, etc, compared to IE and FF?

Just to use as an alternate browser I got the Netscape 8.1 yesterday...seems pretty nice, and has a very modern look. Looks like you can extensions, like in FF, but I haven't looked at any yet.

would like what you thin, those who use Netscape as their main browser.

15 views and no replies, I guess not many people use it..
smile.gif

I stopped using NS about 8.03 or so. It was SLLOOOOWWWW compared to Mozilla/NS 7.2. Is 8.1 faster than the 8.0x product? I've always liked added features of the NS version of the Mozilla product.

Yeah I used Netscape a while back to give it a try. Its sort of lags like Internet Explorer. I'll stick with my Firefox. Back when they have Netscape Navigator 4.x and below was ok at that time. I like the Netscape Communicator as well but I guess Netscape is not what its used to be.

We still have it on one system (I have not yet gotten around to converting it over to FF, and see no big reason to). It's a more fully featured product than FF, and looks a little nicer. Surprisingly, it's not that much slower than FF, but tends to freeze up once in a while. But still worlds better than any IE version, though.

Netscape's updates have tricked down to nothing, so I don't know if I'll still be using it in another six months. Its core engine is old, which is a growing concern. I suspect Netscape browsers are quickly nearing the end of the line. Up until last year, all we ever used was Netscape.

Although . . . there are some rumors of a possible Netscape 9 at some point.

So who knows with these guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back