Anyone tasting a decline in craft beer?

Our problem is that everybody around here that opens a brewery is IPA centric. Thus it cannibalizes other breweries locally and before you know it most have gone out of business. Then another one opens and it's a repeat process.

Combine that with how the taste buds of younger drinkers are into seltzers and white claw.

Reactions: wlk
I would say, no. Could the beer you're drinking maybe be not as fresh as before?

I like my Scottish and German style beers and I don't detect any changes here, but I'm not what you'd call a heavy beer drinker. I'm more of a whiskey at home with the occasional beer when I go out to eat.

I stopped drinking beer a very long time ago. Today's "chemical" beers are terrible.
I'm not sure what beers that you are drinking that are chemical beers, but I only drink beers that basically follow german purity law. I don't do added fruit or flavorings. Just water, hops, malt, and barley and that can put you in many styles of beers without any form of chemicals.

I do drink alot of craft and local. Many believe a DIPA west coast old school such as this people are wanting now over a Hazy. I am currently typing amd enjoining this beer beautiful color and flavor a must get in Milwaukee area. Flavor styles and trends change for many over the years I enjoy them all and appreciate all
20240216_180851.jpg

I really can't do hazy IPAs. Most are about 3 steps past offensively sweet with off fruit peel flavors. Third Space is one of my favorites. I really like their scottish ale Unite the Clans. I haven't tried that DIPA, but I'm not that close to the brewery and I've only tried a few of theirs.

I really can't do hazy IPAs. Most are about 3 steps past offensively sweet with off fruit peel flavors. Third Space is one of my favorites. I really like their scottish ale Unite the Clans. I haven't tried that DIPA, but I'm not that close to the brewery and I've only tried a few of theirs.
I'm not the biggest Third Space it's just run of the mill but this 4pack offering is hitting everything it should be just a great mouth feel to boot.

IPAs all taste like a hs locker room stench or when my boys left there football practice clothes in a bag overnight. Disgusting. My wife likes them so we go to breweries and I struggle to find an ale, pilsner, plain stout or porter. Seems like everyone is running out of ideas and keep throwing crap in there to try and say look at me.

IPAs all taste like a hs locker room stench or when my boys left there football practice clothes in a bag overnight. Disgusting. My wife likes them so we go to breweries and I struggle to find an ale, pilsner, plain stout or porter. Seems like everyone is running out of ideas and keep throwing crap in there to try and say look at me.
Do you know what a style or difference of styles are lol

• Haha
Reactions: wlk
O yes I do and try them all the time when we go out. Garbage to the lot of them
Many non beer drinkers don't drink out of their comfort like a coors light yuck IPA is horrible ya I hear it all the time

Overhopped beers can even include the initials IPA
Aging because you may not like a style dosen't say it's over done because you don't like it. You don't even drink beer how can you have a opinion

Many non beer drinkers don't drink out of their comfort like a coors light yuck IPA is horrible ya I hear it all the time
I drink all kind of beers and Coors light is never one of them. I drink all kinds of German beers, porters, stouts and IPAs are horrid. Nice try though

Back