Anyone still cook/smoke there tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my truck I do it on dirt, it can be fun to break the rear end loose and slide around a bit. None of the 4-wheeled vehicles are powerful enough to do it on pavement (I take that back, wife managed to do it a couple times in the Versa while learning stick...), the bikes could probably do it but... why? It stinks, it's loud, it wears out tires, and on a bike it's a good way to crash.

Last edited:
Drag racers do it to improve their times. Just about all the paying spectators love a rooster tail of rubber smoke too.
On the street it's for attention. The roads are paid for by tax revenue, ripping them up for fun is simply vandalism imo.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: thorromig
Nice cool weather nite tonite here in Berks County Pennsylvania. Road about 5 miles from my house has a nice steep hill on it out in the back woods. This hill has the perfect road surface to lay & hold rubber. Broke the Ram out tonite & let some nice long posi marks about 60 feet long with a powerbrake to make a smokeshow. Come on guys/gals -- we only live once -- gotta implement some fun from time to time & raise alitte [censored].
shocked.gif

I did the same thing one time next to the Florida Turnpike in my 5.0 Mustang with a state trooper about 150 feet away separated by a fence so he couldn't chase after me.

19.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, it's not like the cops in Florida have radios.
It is kinda fun to smoke the tires now and then, but I was more inclined to do it when I was much younger.

Originally Posted By: Srt20
God you guys are a buzz kill.

When the tires are around $300 each and a replacement wheel is over $800, I am not doing any unnecessary damage.

Think Astro has smoked tires more times than most on this site … and in a responsible manner I would add …

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Yeah, tires are expensive so I generally don't.

THIS! My new PS4's are expensive, no more burnouts unless absolutely needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back