Anyone remember their first oil they used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motomaster Supreme from Canadian Tire because I got it free from my dad who worked part time as a mechanic at Canadian Tire for extra $$$.

XOM was re-branding the oil for CTC.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
1965 Mustang with Pennzoil 10W-30. This was my first car. My Dad used Pennzoil 30HD in his 37 Chevrolet and 50 Ford, then started using Pennzoil 10W-30 in his 56 Ford Crown Vic. I've used some form of Pennzoil in every car I've owned since 1965.

Used DA Speed Sport in my early British bikes, Mobil 1 in my BMW R100, and either BelRay or Golden Spectro in my Vespa's.

ironic that you wound up working for pennzoil

One of the earliest oils I remember buying was CAM2 10W-30 that I used in my '78 Pontiac Grand Am and '82 Olds Custom Cruiser. Back in the day I thought CAM2 was "da bomb"!

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
Originally Posted By: Johnny
1965 Mustang with Pennzoil 10W-30. This was my first car. My Dad used Pennzoil 30HD in his 37 Chevrolet and 50 Ford, then started using Pennzoil 10W-30 in his 56 Ford Crown Vic. I've used some form of Pennzoil in every car I've owned since 1965.

Used DA Speed Sport in my early British bikes, Mobil 1 in my BMW R100, and either BelRay or Golden Spectro in my Vespa's.

ironic that you wound up working for pennzoil

Yes, it was. It was either blind luck or divine intervention. And the other ironic thing was that all of the years my Dad used Pennzoil, he worked for Mobil.

The first oil I ever used for an oil change was Amalie 10W-30. One of my local parts jobbers stocked it and my uncle swore by it. Supposedly it was still made with PA crude at the time.

The first oil I ever used in an oil change personally was Valvoline white bottle 5W30 in my old Ranger when I first got it.

I remember topping off our cars with Havoline before that though. I think my dad always got Havoline because it was the cheapest name brand usually. I don't think he has bought a single bottle of oil since around maybe 2000 though.

Quaker state 5w 30, with an orange fram extend guard filter. : X that was in a 1985 Isuzu hatchback my dad got for me in 1993, when i was turning 18. learned how to do my own oil changes in 1995 and the store i worked in, carried it at the time.
Prefer using valvoline or quaker state synthetics these days. Used mobil 5w 30 dino for a few years.

Havoline straight weight in a metal can!!!!

Worked in a texaco station and made an 'oil tree' to get all the oil out of those metal cans we used.

I could get a quart a day!

First oil I can recall buying was 10w30 Hills labeled gallon back in 1986. After that for my own cars:

Kendall, Pennzoil, Valvoline (for close to 5 years), Mobil, Havoline, Castrol, Valvoline, Pennzoil and Quaker State now. I just used up last quart from 12 of O'Reilly sale.

First change, quaker state green bottle HD 30 in my summer-job lawnmower.

Car got tech2000 10w30 and a STP filter in 1999. I had seen the "minimopar filter cutup" and wanted something from champ labs.

Castrol 10W30 then 20W50 (same brand) shortly thereafter. Car always used 10W30, never slurped any 20W50. 1962 Bonneville 389 ci convertible.

Believe it was Shell X-100, because that's what my Dad used.

Remember using Havoline in the round metal cans later because it smelled so strong.

Figured any oil that smelled that bad had to be good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back