Anyone know this Harbor Freight chipper?

The product in question is https://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-212cc-chipper-shredder-62323.html

With a coupon, I can pickup for 430 + sales tax.

Previously purchased Harbor Freight chipper lasted 12 years despite storing it outside in hurricanes, storms and floods. Replaced fuel lines, changed oil and rotated blades twice a year.

Would prefer to spend a little more, if there is a known brand even at higher price and *longevity* but if I can get away with 5 or 6 years, that would be Ok.

Henni,

I had that exact chipper for years. It wasn't marketed by Harbor Freight, but it was the same thing.

It did what it was supposed to do and did it pretty well. It's only 6.5 HP, so it isn't going to amaze you with how much it can chip in an hour, but for small stuff around the yard it did great. I moved a few years back and had no use for it, so I sold it on CL.

I would love to find one that could really do 3" branches. I have not had a DR but have heard good things about their equipment. All the Home store units advertised 3" but I was lucky to get 1.5" on any hardwood and 2" on pine. I have resorted to renting a big chipper every 3 years or so but hate having the brush pile sitting and waiting until I have enough.

Originally Posted by henni
The product in question is https://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-212cc-chipper-shredder-62323.html

With a coupon, I can pickup for 430 + sales tax.

Previously purchased Harbor Freight chipper lasted 12 years despite storing it outside in hurricanes, storms and floods. Replaced fuel lines, changed oil and rotated blades twice a year.

Would prefer to spend a little more, if there is a known brand even at higher price and *longevity* but if I can get away with 5 or 6 years, that would be Ok.

can u post coupon, i can't seem to find it...?

Attached

Screenshot_20200611-144208_Gallery.jpg

Got one this week.

Compared to the HF chipper I bought 12 years ago, this one is definitely a toy with some severe size limitations including a tiny chute.

Now, would it be simple to install a larger engine on this - if so, which one ? Some YT videos show severe mods required, my interest would be a simple unbolt, replace and rebolt in case a matching larger CC/HP horizontal shaft would work.

Back