anyone ever use Chemical Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered several bottles of quick detail spray, some synthetic spray, P40 spray wax, hybrid v7 and a small bottle of black light. I am interested in the detailer sprays mostly as I wash my cars regular and use spray to make them look great and slick. I currently use Pro Products and they have a p80 carnuba spray wax that works great it is real slick and seems to leave a layer of protection for awhile. The only thing I don't like about it is when you spray on and wipe in you have to wipe behind it, sometimes you have to give it a good wiping or it will leave a film. This is why Im trying the V7 as it is reported to flash quicker and shouldn't leave a film. Any one use several different detailers and care to share your opinions.

Last edited:
I've only used one of their products and now they have created a separate brand for it. It is a spray on wipe off wash called ONE. It worked extremely well and was a bargain at the time. Now it is $76 a gallon which is a bit rich for my blood. It is under the Smart Wax label of CG.

My experience with chemical guys has been mixed, but more negative than positive:

Silk Shine - lousy durability
Wash/Gloss - Not slick enough at normal wash concentrations
mitts - low quality
gold towels - leaves hairs everywhere

G6 Hypercoat - great shine and decent durability (1 week, but attracts a bit too much dirt. I'll give it another shot though.
Jetseal109- received a free quart, will try soon.

If you have tried different brands which one have you liked the most. I have tried the Pro Products and the Hi temp products, Pro has a car wash wax that is purple in color and is very thick works great, I take 1 ounce of this and mix it with 1 ounce of the hot wax that the car washes use and put it with 1 gallon of warm water and the car looks like it has been fresh waxed. I am looking for the best detail spray wax that gives the best shine, slickest feel and the most is the easiest to wipe in without leaving a haze.

My single experience with cg was fantastic. That was black to black. For a quick shine after wash I like poor boys quick wax. Also try duragloss aquawax.

Quote:
I am looking for the best detail spray wax that gives the best shine, slickest feel and the most is the easiest to wipe in without leaving a haze.

For clean car only:

Duragloss Aquawax
Optimum Spray Wax
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

In spite of the name Aquawax and Meguiar's are sealants. Optimum contains carnauba wax. I have & use all but if I had to choose one it would be Duragloss.

Their Citrus Wash and Gloss is what I use on neglected cars and ones I need to strip wax off of for complete jobs. I also started using their hose free wash. I think it is just as good if not better then ONR. Only drawback is it can sud a little more then my liking but the results are better then ONR.

Their waxes and sealants are alright, their towels are decent but I agree the yellow towels leave hairs all over the place. Their VRP dressing is pretty good but not on par with others for the price.

Besides their washes and terrycloth towels (when they sold them) I wouldnt bother with Chemical guys. Meguiars Detailer series is what I use for almost all my details. Across the board they are better and most can be diluted

I just tried 4 of chemical guys products today, they are spray detailers. I tried the extreme slick, the P40 1x carnuba wax, both of thses went on goodwiped in with no streaks without having to rewipe but I couldn't feel any slickness. Then I tried a spray wax called Blitz it is a white carnuba liquid sprayed out real even and wnet on good it took about 6 minutes to haze and wiped off great this was my favorite but it is a wax. Then I tried their new Hybrid V7 it worked about the same as the first two, it went on good and wiped in with no streaking. To me other than the Blitz none of these work as good as the Pro Product P-80 golden carnuba mist, this stuff does leave a film and has to be wiped in especially on dark colors but it is slicker and seems to have more wax in it than the ones I tried today. I waxed one side of the truck in 4 sections and will update on the durability later. But you guys should try the Pro P-80 golden mist it is the best Ive tried so far, only reason I am looking for something better is the P-80 doesnt work on black and on maroon or dark blue you have to work with smaller sections wipe on and quickly wipe off or it can streak. If you have any stuff you are impressed with let me no I'll give it a try. Ohh I forgot to mention the P-80 is only 23 dollars a gallon almost half what the other stuff cost.

Last edited:
Gator,

As twice mentioned above Duragloss Aquawax is very good. Its a spray sealant that has great shine, slickness and wipes clean after one pass. Nice scent and runs about $10. Winner chicken dinner.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
My experience with chemical guys has been mixed, but more negative than positive:

Silk Shine - lousy durability

I take back what I said about silk shine. I think I was not using enough of the product when used with a foam applicator.

Also, I find that if you use a MF applicator pad (not foam), this product works significantly better. I believe this is due to the watery nature of the product that makes it a better fit with a MF applicator pad.

i have topped Collinite 476 with pete's 53 and its brillant. Probably the best combo so far. Works will as a topper to 1Z Hart glanz as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back