Anybody running Windows XP Black Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite impresed with folks actually care about legality of Windows XP licensure on home computers.

I get Windows 7+ licensure legit but stuff that old Microsoft/law enforcement really cares unless your a business.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I am quite impresed with folks actually care about legality of Windows XP licensure on home computers.

I get Windows 7+ licensure legit but stuff that old Microsoft/law enforcement really cares unless your a business.

It has nothing to do with legality. After XP3 there was a "Microsoft Genuine Advantage update" that basically checks if your copy of XP is valid and if it's not it does everything it can to harass you into buying a copy such as making your background black, popping up notifications, and restarting after short intervals.

VMware Player is free and they've added in enough functionality that it's perfectly usable now. You'll be all set if you catch the virtualization bug and want to move up to Workstation.

Originally Posted By: Joel_MD
It's like giving her a 5-Series BMW and getting a Chevy Cavalier with a leaking head gasket!

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

It is tough trying to have a legitimate computer business where you have to pass on the cost of Genuine Microsoft software to customers.

Lets face it, 9/10 consumers want the household name... Windows 7, 8 or XP. They won't even consider a Linux OS... too different, culture shock for them.

There's plenty of jokers and fly-by-night "my brother's nephew's cousin" IT professionals who are willing to sell a PC with bootleg Windows on it for cheaper than the guy with the legit license. Sometimes it is tough to make a few bucks doing things the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back