Anybody got stick on emblems or vents?

These things are like military medals for the time I served in the clearance sections of auto shops. I like the pilot automotive branded ones you know it's not going to be complete junk. My Pilot Skull Chrome Wiper Nozzle Covers have gotten verbal praise from ladies (plural) in retail parking lots (plural).
s-l300.jpg

41OEiSYnRdL._AC_SY780_.jpg
just ordered a 13" hood scoop and some fake hood pins with the cables hanging down. I bet any hood scoop would look great with the plasti dip job im about to give it.
51roDltk6cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is just hot right here
PT_Hood_Scoop.jpg

Just excited and enthusiastic about my automobile, as we all should be.

I wouldn't try to convince anybody to buy one. The more popular they are the less end up on clearance racks.

It's probably something you have to be born with. Like the guy who put the hood scoop on his roof. He didn't learn that anywhere. It was just meant to happen.
IMG_20201223_074140.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a chrome-with-black-lettering "3.6 L" emblem on Ebay earlier this year. (It's legit, the car has that engine.) I fastened it to the trunk on the right side. It looks great, but the black paint has washed off after my regular car washes.

I've thought of a small white decal of a reclining griffin to go onto the rear quarter window on my side, or perhaps on the lower edge of the backlight. Haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

I love the hood scoop on that PT Cruiser. Kidding of course, I don’t care for any of that aftermarket stick on stuff.

I bought one once. We have a Chaparral boat and lost the "L" from the side emblem. Chaparral discontinued the raised letters and they were unavailable within a few years..... I was at an auto store and saw a rack of cheesy chrome emblems, numbers and letters. Lo and behold, a big, flashy "7" turned upside down is an almost dead on match! Thought I was clever:)

Ahhh yes, the sickly-sweet stench of fauxformance. Like M5 badges on a 525i, like SRT badges on a V6 Charger/Challenger, like Type-R badges on a base Civic. Nothing like having the real thing roll up beside you and having to meekly avoid eye contact because you'd get gapped so badly it could be measured in freight trains rather than car lengths.

Ummm....no. I take them off. First to go is the dealer sticker and license plate surround. I like a clean "shaved" look and have been known to remove factory emblems I don't like.
Same. Only vehicle ever bought from a dealer was my 2010 escape. First thing I did was LED headlights the second thing I did was trash the license plate frame and dealer sticker. Later on I took off the thing that said escape on the back. Anonymity is a good thing when you have bumper stickers around here 🤣

14P51GT.jpg

The side scoops and quarter window louvers are technically tape-on. But the car came with them from the factory as part of a Track Pack appearance package. They really serve no purpose except to be a throwback. I personally wish the window louvers could be easily taken off because they make those windows, which are already pretty useless, absolutely no use whatsoever.

I typically used to debadge mine, though then I learned that was also associated with lazy body shops after repairing a car, leaving a bad taste to some buyers on trade or resale. There is a certain peace in anonymity which I’m good with. Perhaps part of car ownership in my past was to be recognizable to my friends, but now if i can get what I want and it blends in, that’s so much better.

as far as performance, I’m a big fan of sleepers.

having had an old car with the hood latch which would on occasion, let go, I’m also a fan of the hood pins, but I’ve no need of them on what I drive today.
m

Back