Any vintage Havoline fans here?

Found this at an estate sale today tucked away in the back of a garage cabinet collecting dust. Now it'll sit in my garage for another four decades.;)

havoline1.jpg
havoline2.jpg
havoline3.jpg

I used Havoline in older cars and never gave it a thought. Of course, I knew nothing about oil at that time and now believe this product is of good quality. Now I know a little about oil that I've learned on BITOG.

Go to the Star !!!!!!

I think the oil companies should put out special oil cans like the Havoline one here.

Current spec oil in them too. API SP and Dexos...

Not a whole, whole bunch of them. Just some.

Who would like to see a Sinclair oil can ?? With the dinosaur on it.

Or say a old school ExxonMobil oil can with current API SP and Dexos oil in it ?? With the Pegasus on it ....

Even a Cam2 old school oil can...

Or a old school Kendall oil can ??

It's advertising... Collectible... And ultimately useful if needed to be or not if one chooses not to use it.

Go to the Star !!!!!!

I think the oil companies should put out special oil cans like the Havoline one here.

Current spec oil in them too. API SP and Dexos...

Not a whole, whole bunch of them. Just some.

Who would like to see a Sinclair oil can ?? With the dinosaur on it.

Or say a old school ExxonMobil oil can with current API SP and Dexos oil in it ?? With the Pegasus on it ....

Even a Cam2 old school oil can...

Or a old school Kendall oil can ??

It's advertising... Collectible... And ultimately useful if needed to be or not if one chooses not to use it.

Back in my childhood days my Dad had a old Texaco gear lube barrel he got from the service station he went to. They were going to toss it so he took it, cleaned it up, ( don’t ask) and put sawdust in it from his wood shop workings. The sawdust was used to soak up oil spills which happened a lot when we did the oil change on the 54 Chevy with the cantankerous canister oil filter set up that was on it. I believe it was white and green with Texaco and the Star on it.

My brother still has that barrel.

Used Havoline in all my vehicles through the late 70's and 80's.
Never had any problem.
My Dad always used it with no problems as well.

I’d love to use Havoline more, but they just don’t sell it much in Eastern Canada.
Ive found what might be a supplier; I’ll wait until the lockdown ends to see what they sell.

Great posts. Love the retro oil/ gasoline signs. Want to get some for my garage some day.
Outside of legal bullhockey, there's no reason why an innovative producer could not revive some of the graphics of old!

Come on, Chevron, you can do it!

Last edited:
Back