Any specs on this grease?

Thrift store score. I can't find and timkin ok or 4 ball wear specs anywhere. The mystic site just returns me to the home screen when I try there.

Attachments

• IMG_20230311_122957134.jpg
    IMG_20230311_122957134.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 41
Trying to click, my browser tells me it is a security risk due to being over http instead of https secure, but then allows me to make an exception and download.

See if you can get it with this mega link:

Typical Properties for Mystik JT-6 Multi-Purpose #2:

Values shown are typical values only and do not constitute a specification. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Material Code665006002AEROSOL (Grease)
NLGI Grade22
Thickener TypeAnhydrous CalciumAnhydrous Calcium
TextureSmooth, AdhesiveSmooth, Adhesive
ColorMedium AmberMedium Amber
Worked Penetration, ASTM D217265-295265-295
Dropping Point, ASTM D2265, °F (°C)290 (143)290 (143)
Water Washout, ASTM D1264, % loss @ 100°F0.90.9
Rust Prevention, ASTM D1743, ratingPassPass
Oil Separation, ASTM D1742, % loss< 1< 1
Timken OK Load, ASTM D2509, lb.5555
Four-Ball Wear, ASTM D2266, mm0.60.6
Four-Ball Weld, ASTM D2596, kgf250250
Four-Ball Last Non-Seizure Load, ASTM D2596, kgf6565
Approximate Temperature Range, °F (°C)0 to 250 (-18 to 121)0 to 250 (-18 to 121)
Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (Incl. Oil Soluble Additives)1080

lacking for what? its just a normal budget calcium based grease.. with low moly.
it would previously go on sale around 2.99-3.99 at TSC.

Compared to the other greases I use. Red and tacky has better specs.
Should probably compare Lucas red n tacky to Mystiks red grease not this one. Kind of comparing apples and oranges if you compare this grease to red n tacky IMO.

Just my $0.02

Ya I only paid $.25 for it. I'll probably still use it but like every one else on bitog I try to get the best possible.

Comparing Red and Tacky to JT6 GP is way off.

Calcium greases have tons of positive properties that lithium greases don’t. Like not absorbing as much water. Anti corrosion properties. Etc.

How about ball joints?

It’s not a GC-LB grease. It would work just fine, but it’s technically not tested to the GC-LB rating. Which is arguably out dated right now anyways.

If you’re strictly using on cars and trucks, I would have other recommendations. This one is more for construction equipment, agricultural, etc. slower speeds, higher impacts.

used both RnT and JT6 on saltwater boat trailers for decades - never made a rat's tail as long as you kept them topped up ...
And TieDown engineering (Dexter) pre-packed with RnT or Lucas Marine ...

How about ball joints?
Most ball joints are likely originally lubed with a lithium complex grease, and while calcium sulphonated greases are compatible with lithium complex, often you can't be entirely sure what's already in there. Lithium complex greases are compatible with the widest variety of greases so that's what I use for suspension components.

Articles_200902_grease-compatibility-chart.gif

Figure 1. Relative Compatibility Rating
B = Borderline C = Compatible I = Incompatible

I've pumped who knows how many tubes of that into farm equipment growing up. My grandfather had us grease every time we fueled. Overkill? Probably but he was just about the only one around who never burnt a baler up......

Back