Any point in bypass filtration on a gasser?

Hi slalom-sent you a private message as well and wondered Does your Honda have the Preluber system set up on it as well? I remember a member having both set up on the S2000 and running AMSOIL 0w30-wasn't sure if you were that member and wondered your opinion on the synergy of having both systems.

I want to put in bypass filters in my gasoline cars for bragging rights.

I've been using Frantz oil filters for over 50 years now and for me the main advantage is that it's much easier to change the filter media and add a quart of oil than to change the oil.
I've started using this Frantz system but question the actual benefit.
The first Frantz filter I installed on the Dixie Chopper Zero Turn because it had an Amsoil bypass system which that filter was expensive.
That's how it got started, I installed the next one on my 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 when I bought it 2-3 years ago.

I do agree, if you're going to benefit from a bypass system then you should expect to own the vehicle for at least 100k miles.
So install it when you first buy it, otherwise it's wasteful.

Further, yes it's easier to change the filter media, then again I have to do that every 1,000 miles.
And add a quart of oil.
Also, around the 10,000 mile mark the oil no longer clears up much.
And there's a $10 rubber gasket / o-ring that goes between the canister and the top, that has to be replaced some kind of regular.
And those hoses and clamps, the sandwich adapter, all points that could leak.

Personally, I'm glad that at my age I won't have to play with this much longer.
I think it's a good idea, but practically speaking I think, just as well off doing regular oil changes and keep it up religiously.

Further, yes it's easier to change the filter media, then again I have to do that every 1,000 miles.
And add a quart of oil.
Also, around the 10,000 mile mark the oil no longer clears up much.
And there's a $10 rubber gasket / o-ring that goes between the canister and the top, that has to be replaced some kind of regular.
I never found more than half a litre was required as a top-up when changing TP rolls in my Frantz - that's just over one U.S. Pint.

If the oil colour is changing around 10K miles, that doesn't mean the filter isn't removing particulates...

I ran NOS Frantz's that I bought at flea markets or garage sales, I never bought a new O-ring, and never had any problem with sealing. But the current maker's of the Frantz would probably like some "residual income" from selling you O-rings! ;)

Back