Any of you using Lube Control with Redline's oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about getting a gallon of Fuel Power and Lube Control but I know Terry is not finished with his testing of LC in Redline, but he does run both of them in his own vehicles.

Any comments?

Thanks
Paul

I know from face-to face conversation with Terry that he was using them both in at least one of his vehicles, & extended the oil interval to- well, I'd rather he told you that. He speaks highly of both products only because he's seen the results in analysis of others vehicles, as well as his own- Terry has no financial interest in LC/FP at all. He's the main reason I have both in my carport closet, & in my car, now.

EDIT: I took your "both" to mean FP & LC. If you meant using LC & Redline *together*, I'm not sure about that. Apologies.

[ June 29, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Hughes ]

yeah, I meant LC and Redline together
smile.gif

I emailed Mr. Dyson about it and he runs LC in his personal vehicles that he also runs Redline in. He just hasn't finished the testing yet. I guess I just don't want the two reacting and to mess things up...

So far, from what Mr. Dyson said, his oil samples have been improving with the use of LC in Redline.

Anyway, I just placed an order to Mr. Beaver for a gallon each of LC and FP. I will use the FP right away but I am a little scared to start using the LC until Mr. Dyson's testing is done with it mixed with Redline oils.

If I do use it I might start off with like only 8oz. of LC with fresh oil and then add 1oz. per 1,000 miles and then have the oil sampled after 3,000 miles to see where I sit.

Paul

[ June 29, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: JRHAWK9 ]

I don't see why you have to use LC with Redline. Redline has moly, boron, aw additives, some heavy duty esters that act as friction reducers, plus its stability is second to none. All this is based on the notes I have taken of what I have read in this great forum. Hopefully the experts will add or substract to what I have said.

Pedro

Guys, I do have a financial interest in LC as Odis still owes us for testing accomplished !

More you buy the more he can pay UP..
cheers.gif

Paul I know you mean nothing by sharing what I sent in a private email but this is an example of why I don't share much of my testing unless you are a customer and I know I can trust you. Also why lube companies are tight lipped about formulations and test results as the guy on the other end of the line could be your competition ; SAY IT ISN"T SO !

Honestly some of our testing is so far ahead of the norm that competitors want to know what and how, they do it by piecing together each little snippet of data they can glean. Many times from boards like this !

In the future please ask first before you post an email exchange as I assume it is just between you and I ! No harm no foul in this situation. I promise to let you know what I find out in the testing.

Stuart Hughes understands what I mean by his lack of comment above , he is a customer and I share alot of neat stuff with them without disclosing any proprietary data!

I extended 4 qts of Schaeffers 7000 Blend 5w-30 in a Honda 2.0L engine to 14,500 + miles no change using LC. Filter changed once at 10,000 miles. This is a snippet......

Pedro, True observation. Our testing is not to improve Redline but see how the oxidative control aspect of LC can extend its use in hot running, low solvency fueled cars.

Lack of solvency is a MAJOR contributor to the sludge issue we have been beating to death here lately.

biggthumbcoffe.gif

sorry Terry
blush.gif

I am a customer though, I maybe only used your service for the first time last month, but I think I'm hooked now
grin.gif

Paul

[ June 29, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: JRHAWK9 ]

I do have a question about the LC. I put 6 oz. in before going on a vacation trip.I put about 1700 miles on my car during the trip, but I didn't take any LC with me. You are supposed to add 1 0z. every 1000 miles I believe.

Now that I am back from vacation, do I add 6 oz. again or just 1-2 oz?

One to 3 oz.s and base that on oil analysis and visible cleanliness. The key is to find a dosage that controls oxidation and helps the oil maintain solvency. This varies so much that the operator will have to make a judgement call after experimenting over time. Don't blow a gasket if you forget or miss a top up of the LC.

LC is a tool to help your oil work better and more consistantly. This is not for everyone but it is a low cost way to maximize whatever your brand or type of lubricant.

Hopefully SOON we will have a LC/FP rep here to answer questions about the products !

[ July 01, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back