(any) iPad Owners who use Keyboard

My wife's old MacBook Pro she rarely fired up except to type elongated Text messages and type email up is dead.

She has an iPad and was wondering if anyone out there uses a bluetooth keyboard with one is its decent typing alternate? From my end spending $30-$100(apple) keyboard would suffice over a $900 MacBook Air. She wants her Apple ecosystem working for photos, web passwords, Notes, Text iMessages, email. Win/Linux/Chromebook is out.

I can't stand typing directly on the iPad interface and have used a couple different ZAGG keyboards. They work very well and the battery lasts for months.

my work ipad came with a keyboard and it is very adequate for typing emails. I have no issues with it.

Of course I'm at work and can't look... I have a BT keyboard at home, it allows up to 3 different devices I think to sync up (not at the same time of course). Mine is pretty big and wants to be on a table, but I have used it on my lap and it's ok. Built in slot can hold the iPad, no electrical connection, just a "kickstand".

I like it a lot. Tapping on the screen to move the cursor is nice, but it's rare that I can get it exactly where I want it, but arrow keys make it quite easy.

I can't stand typing directly on the iPad interface and have used a couple different ZAGG keyboards. They work very well and the battery lasts for months.
I agree on the Zagg, used one for years in the alarm industry. Thing was rock solid, very impressed with it.

This past holiday season looking at the Apple Keyboards for iPad Air I wasnt too thrilled and thought the offerings from Logitech were interesting too. There is actually another company out there with good reviews. Ended up with a MacBook Air so became irrelevant.

You might try a used HP Touchpad keyboard. Back in 2011 they were making a high-end tablet, until the CEO cut the project and liquidated inventory. It's a nice keyboard. Part number is FB344AA#AC3
Check EBay.

I have two keyboard for my personal and work iPads. Personal one I got when the iPad first came out. I still have it, occasionally use it, but I can count the number of times on one hand. Ditto for work unit.

Love the iPads. Have no use for the small keyboards.

Back