Any advantage in T5 over T4 15w40?

Was at Rural King yesterday and grabbed a 5 gal bucket of Rotella 15w-40, was thrown off a little because it was a yellow bucket instead of white and a different label than what T4 normally is. As i was checking out i realized it was T5 and not T4, but rang up as T4 at $59. We run 15w40 in our older farm equipment and dump trucks, so i'm now wondering if i should go back and get some more at the same price. Or if there isn't much of a difference i'll just stick with grabbing a bucket of T4 whenever i need it.

If it's in a yellow bucket it must be really old stock, I think all Rotella that comes in buckets is now in a white bucket with a different style label depending on the type. Are you sure it's Rotella T5 and not an old Jug of Rotella T: Triple Protection before they rebranded it to Rotella T4

Its new, date code on the label is August 3rd 2021 and says T5 Syn Blend 15w40. But i've never seen a label like it before on Rotella oil, very plain and basic looking so i'm not sure whats up.

And yes being T5 its a synthetic blend so should be a bit more expensive, last i saw T5 in a store was $18 or 20/gal. I'm just curious if its any better than plain ole T4, if so i'll pick up a few more buckets. Otherwise i'll just stick with buying buckets of T4 when i need it. This is my first time ever buying T5 and there aren't many VOA or UOA's on it so not sure how it stacks up to T4.

I seen the same thing. They were out of all the other Rotella and 15W-40 period. I was wondering if they ran out of white buckets and had to use what was available.

Maybe there was a supply issue and they went back to yellow jugs, I was thinking they used yellow jugs in the past based on this picture I found with Google, I know it has to be old because it's "Rotella T" not Rotella T4. Also, I don't think I've seen 5 gallon pails of T5 before only T4 and T6, not that I go out of my way to look for 5 gallon pails, but I can't find anything online about 5 gallon pails of T5, and even on Rural King's website they only have gallon jugs.
1630982426348.jpg

I've never seen it in 5 gallon buckets either, only gallon and maybe 2.5gals. The bucket and label look like that though, i'll get a picture of it tomorrow. And this RK only had a couple buckets of Delvac and the Harvest King 15w40, but there was half a pallet of T5 Rotella. But it was in the T4 spot and i don't even think i saw a price tag for T5 5 gal, hell i don't even remember seeing small jugs of T5 on the shelf. Very odd

Back