Another which oil to use

My new to me 11’ Focus, 72~k on it. 2.0 duratech engine. Currently has in it Toyota 0w20 synthetic and a jobber filter. Debating on using Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5w30 I have or QSUD 5w30 brother gave me 2 jugs of. I gave him my 2 gallon jug of Providence 10w30 all fleet and 5quart jug EDGE 0w40. I do have older label M1 0w40(5 quarts) and 5 quarts M1 0w40ESP from autozone. Will be using Fram ultra 3614 also for multiple oil changes.

Thank You all and have a safe and happy weekend 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻

mix them all together. :)

Check that engines reliability history and any known issues for ring or internal wear or clogged ports. From what the toyota guy showed me on 4 cyl toyota engines and coked piston rings on 0w-20 synthetic, I would not go 10K OCI on this 4 cylinder. Jobber filter and 5K OCI with any of the oils listed even the milesyn and you'll be fine.

160 Horse Power in the little body --- sure that boogies pretty good!! Hopefully it takes good care of you for a long time & vise versa!!! ;)

Well, the M1 I bought with filter deal at AUTOZONE went in a friends explorer. She doesn’t know much about oil so I couldn’t leave her stuck or get taken advantage of.

I got Mobil Super 5k at rural king in 5w30 flavor along with a MC FL-910S filter. Wal Mart closest to me showed no FL-910S in stock.

Well, the M1 I bought with filter deal at AUTOZONE went in a friends explorer. She doesn’t know much about oil so I couldn’t leave her stuck or get taken advantage of.

I got Mobil Super 5k at rural king in 5w30 flavor along with a MC FL-910S filter. Wal Mart closest to me showed no FL-910S in stock.
Grandson's 2012 Focus has been doing well on Mobil 1 HM 5w-20 once a year changes with a Motor craft filter from Walmart $3.97.

Grandson's 2012 Focus has been doing well on Mobil 1 HM 5w-20 once a year changes with a Motor craft filter from Walmart $3.97.
My 2 Wal Marts didn’t have MC FL-910S so I got 2 filters at Rural King for $5.99 each.

The Mobil Super 5k went in a friends PT Cruiser with a ST White can 3614 filter. I got a jug of M1 5w30 at a rural King since Wal Mart was out. Submitted for the weak $4 rebate card 👍

Back