Another Milestar MS932 Sport buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rolled the dice yesterday and had four Milestar MS932 Sports installed on my wife's Infiniti. I wanted an all season tire that was V rated. Previous tires on the car were OEM Goodyear Eagle RSA (lasted 41K miles), Cooper Zeon (25k miles) and Toya Versado LX II (still decent after 44k miles). The Versados had aged out at six years, so I dumped them for safety's sake. Car gets driven about 6K miles a year now. On a low mileage car that's 12 years old, I wanted value and decent performance but didn't need a long wearing tire.

Discount Tire had a holiday sale: $82 per tire (plus M & B, fees) minus a 15% rebate for store credit card users. They replaced four TPMS sensors at $60 each, while the Infiniti dealer wanted $180 apiece. Programming was a breeze. Out the door in one hour for $693 for four tires and sensors minus a $49 rebate. Previously I had read the online reviews of the Milestar tire, and I was satisfied with what I read. To me it didn't make sense to spend $1,000 plus for tires on a 12 year old car.

Ride seems a little softer. Naturally the new ones are quieter. Time will tell, but if they last six years they'll be bargain.

That's a good deal on new TPMS sensors installed and programmed (assuming they last the usual 10 years or so.)

I have no experience with Milestar tires, please report back in a year or two with your impressions.

Originally Posted by HangFire

I have no experience with Milestar tires, please report back in a year or two with your impressions.

I hope the cars tires are ok.

Milestar Patagonia Light Truck tires are absolute, utter garbage.

Well, the MS932's have been on my wife's car for a full month now. I drive her car on the weekends and so far, they're running just fine and no problems have surfaced. I drove them in a heavy rain last weekend. They were good and well behaved. BTW: Same situation here. My wife just officially retired and since she's not commuting daily, the car will only see about 6-8k miles a year. They will probably age-out before they wear-out.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by HangFire

I hope the cars tires are ok.

Milestar Patagonia Light Truck tires are absolute, utter garbage.

Yet-on the Jeep forums they love the Patagonia AT/MT tires.

Originally Posted by eljefino
My 185 65 15s are made in Viet Nam.

Is Vietnam as bad as China? Just asking?

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Originally Posted by Finklejag
What country are the MS932 made in?

I don't see any COO on my 245-45-18's.

Look on the other side. I think the Country of Origin is only required on one side.

Alternatively, you could post the DOT code. Note: The full DOT code is only required on the side intended out, and a partial is required on the other side (everything but the date code!). The first 2 or 3 digits of the DOT code is the plant code and we can look it up to see where it was made.

Originally Posted by CapriRacer

Look on the other side. I think the Country of Origin is only required on one side.

Alternatively, you could post the DOT code. Note: The full DOT code is only required on the side intended out, and a partial is required on the other side (everything but the date code!). The first 2 or 3 digits of the DOT code is the plant code and we can look it up to see where it was made.

Capriracer: one of the Milestars was made in Taiwan (U8). The other three show 00 as the plant code. Can't find that one yet.

Originally Posted by CapriRacer

Capriracer: one of the Milestars was made in Taiwan (U8). The other three show 00 as the plant code. Can't find that one yet.

These are decent value/quality tires. Not sure why country of origin is even an issue for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back