Another mac question, saving embedded pdf files

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

Yet another question regarding pulling stuff from theinternet on safari.

I have to utilize a website that has embedded (I guess that is the right term) pdf files inside of a website. I wish I could post a link, but it is my academic site and is password-protected.

Anyway, I go to one page, and there are links to three PDF files, that will pop up in the window of the framed page, if I click their link. If I save the target of the link, I get an html file that downloads, which if I open it, it is just the links again.

If I open the pdf files that comes up in preview, then save it from there, it slides the pages down halfway, so the top half of each is white, and the botrtom half of each is what used to be the top half when it was viewed correctly in safari or preview.

I have no issue whatsoever downloading these in adobe acrobat reader inside of IE or firefox, as there is a save option riht there. However, in looking at pdf in safari, there is no save option that I know of... and in preview, it doesnt save correctly (tried multiple times on multiple files).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JMH

Ha, they never reply to my questions there -- and they don't even know what a condescending jerk I am.
tongue.gif

Sorry, I don't know about that PDF file issue.

As for Safari, I'm sorry, but I haven't put too much time into it.
frown.gif

Mori, we DO reply to your questions. And you reply to our grammar mistakes.
wink.gif
grin.gif

no ight clicker on the mac... control, option nor open apple offer me the ability to save this file, though it works A-OK on a PC...

JMH

Don't macs have native pdf support as printers? Could you set the PDF intake as your default printer then simply print those webpages?

Am pretty sure PDFs can be made with access (no-print/no-save) restrictions to preserve copyrights but you say those same files can be saved on PCs so they're probably not locked like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back