Another headlight resto before and after

20 year old Honda

IMG_7489.JPG

More weathered than usual so started with 320 sandpaper dry followed by 500. Then switched to wet sanding with a 1000 Trizact pad followed by a 3000. Finished with 3M headlight coating.

IMG_7492.JPG

Looks good and for sure my favorite Headlight restoration kit. Just redid my Acura headlights about 2 months ago. Same results, I like to sit on a chair and take my good ole time with the prep work. Final results are so worth it.

Looks good and for sure my favorite Headlight restoration kit. Just redid my Acura headlights about 2 months ago. Same results, I like to sit on a chair and take my good ole time with the prep work. Final results are so worth it.
Same, but I sit on a stool. 😎

Nice. Wonder how long it lasts…
I’ve seen body shops clear coat the lights afterwards. Not sure if it was a regular clear or maybe a special one with us protection for headlights (if that exists)?

Unfortunately, I did not take a before picture (it looked similar to OP's picture) , but see below for the $5.94 3M product. 3M Trizact 3000 followed by their UV coating product and Zaino Clear Seal -- about 10 minutes per headlight. Not sure how long it will last -- this is on a 2004 RX330 with 296,500 miles.

1693172547056.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I did not take a before picture (it looked similar to OP's picture) , but see below for the $5.94 3M product. 3M Trizact 3000 followed by their UV coating product and Zaino Clear Seal -- about 10 minutes per headlight. Not sure how long it will last -- this is on a 2004 RX330 with 296,500 miles.

View attachment 175348
A great cheaper option for lights that aren't that bad. Looks good!

show us how it looks 6 months from now.. been my experience that those headlights can clean up,, but it wont last.

I used a bunch of the kits with poor success (3m).

I used the Sylvania kit from amazon and I think that is the best one you can get for 15 bucks. Comes with clear coat.

Same as you..not forever. No reason to not keep on trying 😕
Right. Even brand new assemblies on a brand new car don't last forever. Not really sure why people expect the fix-it kits to do so. Lol.

None that I have seen (kits) advertise that they'll last forever, either. Most specifically state that they'll need either touched up or redone down the road.

Back