Another Copart Find

Status
Not open for further replies.
RJ,

Sorry if my posts conflicted with your thread. This forum is a great place to read and share different views from some very great minds.

I is awesome you found a way to purchase from Copart at a rate below what I have posted, Copart is a very expensive way to purchase a vehicle once all the fees are put on the invoice. The way I can see that you paid less than what I posted is (1) you did not pay with a credit card which reduced your cost in Copart fees from $495 to $410. And if you bid at a Copart terminal, at a Copart location (instead of the internet) you saved another $59. So, if you are a consumer winning a bid at $1600 at a Copart, and you did not pay with a credit card, the least you likely paid is $2069, plus the money order, bank wire transfer fee, as Copart does not accept cash over $400. I sense you paid Copart directly somewhere between $2128 and $2500, which is significantly above the $1600 you posted, and as you stated does not include tax, title, or license.

I have purchased two vehicles from Copart in the last 30 days and will likely purchase two more on Monday 12FEB2018. But I know the risks, which are very high, and also know my winning bid auction price is significantly below what I will actually be paying Copart for the vehicle. I think it is worthwhile to share on this public forum the real purchase cost of a Copart vehicle, not the winning bid price.

Best Wishes,

GON

Last edited:
"" You've thrown out at least three different numbers now, and even the "best case" is higher than what's on my invoice. ""

You could always post what you actually paid Copart for the vehicle and the speculation would not of happened.

You didn't ask about the Durango.
You didn't ask about fees.
You told us what I paid, and dumped all over the idea of purchasing there.

Every auction has a fee schedule, and for what they provide, I don't find what Copart charges to be egregious. If I did, I'd certainly take my business elsewhere, unlike yourself who bemoans their practices, and then continues (supposedly) purchasing there.

Know what would be great? Start your own thread, and post up some pictures/details on all these vehicles you've purchased. Because at this point, you've gone from purchasing "3 to 4 times per year" to 4 in month, and I'm starting to think it's all made up for nothing more than personal amusement and thread trolling. I'd be glad to be proven wrong. Until then, please find another thread to play in.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
You didn't ask about the Durango.
You didn't ask about fees.
You told us what I paid, and dumped all over the idea of purchasing there.

Every auction has a fee schedule, and for what they provide, I don't find what Copart charges to be egregious. If I did, I'd certainly take my business elsewhere, unlike yourself who bemoans their practices, and then continues (supposedly) purchasing there.

Know what would be great? Start your own thread, and post up some pictures/details on all these vehicles you've purchased. Because at this point, you've gone from purchasing "3 to 4 times per year" to 4 in month, and I'm starting to think it's all made up for nothing more than personal amusement and thread trolling. I'd be glad to be proven wrong. Until then, please find another thread to play in.

Well you have established you won't post what you paid copart for the vehicle. Thats fine, I just want readers to know the accurate cost of what one pays to copart, which you appear to be strongly against disclosing.

Yes I will be showing my copart buys, and likely the invoices, will be fun.

good luck to you,

Their fee schedule has already been posted.
Originally Posted By: GON

So you've been flat out lying about the whole thing; figured. Again, start your own [censored] thread and stop dumping excrement all over this one with your make-believe vehicle purchases.

Nice find! That power train is rugged, I got 262K on mine with no problems.
I've seen some similarly priced deals from private sellers around here but this
is the rust belt and they not as clean.

Great to hear stenerson!

Same thing I noticed here; cheap private deals to be had, but they're rusted out, wrong options, and sketchy maintenance history

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Their fee schedule has already been posted.
Originally Posted By: GON

So you've been flat out lying about the whole thing; figured. Again, start your own [censored] thread and stop dumping excrement all over this one with your make-believe vehicle purchases.

You have already shown in your posts who is not posting what he actually paid Copart for a vehicle. Kind of confusing to me a poster on BITOG would do that, as this forum is centered around getting the story right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back