Another Civic Down

ctechbob

I'm surprised the car didn't cushion his fall enough where he would have lived. Maybe if he hit the Roof on his back instead.

Absolutely shocking and bizarre.

Get help for your daughter, she may have PTSD in the coming weeks.

Be Well.

He jumped from 12 floors up. Not sure anything but an honest-to-god landing bag would have saved him.

Please tell me that is not a "no parking" sign your car is setting on. I can see the insurance company getting real huffy over that.
Good luck
Smoky

It's a hotel 15 min loading zone. And we just got word from the company that they're fixing the car, which is a whole other bag of worms since neither one of them want to drive it now. I'll be going to fetch it from the wrecker company Saturday.

As would I (Other than its a CVT, don't much care for) but I'm not a 16yo girl or her Mother. I'd probably do something completely inappropriate with a sticker if I were driving it. But that's me.

So would my wife...she would have at 16.

Well, the Civic is home, or at least closer to home. A very trusting friend let me borrow her 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn and I rented a trailer on Saturday and drove the 11 hour round trip. Completely uneventful. Nice truck. Rides smooth, plenty of power, spends all its time shifting that 8 speed in Tow/Haul mode.

Of course I couldn't help but play with all the gauges and readings the thing gives. Of note, it looks like Dodge likes to work that 5W20 pretty hard. Saw 245* oil temps a few times. Of course, this was with an outside temp of 98*, pulling the car/trailer and running 86/90 on the way back keeping up with traffic. Coolant stayed around the 200 range, trans never got hotter than 185/190.

Well, the Civic is home, or at least closer to home. A very trusting friend let me borrow her 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn and I rented a trailer on Saturday and drove the 11 hour round trip. Completely uneventful. Nice truck. Rides smooth, plenty of power, spends all its time shifting that 8 speed in Tow/Haul mode.

Of course I couldn't help but play with all the gauges and readings the thing gives. Of note, it looks like Dodge likes to work that 5W20 pretty hard. Saw 245* oil temps a few times. Of course, this was with an outside temp of 98*, pulling the car/trailer and running 86/90 on the way back keeping up with traffic. Coolant stayed around the 200 range, trans never got hotter than 185/190.
I generally see oil temps between 215-225F during normal driving with my 2020 Ram 5.7. No difference in oil temperatures between the factory fill 5W-20 and the PP 5W-20 I am currently using.

I would wait and see if the initial damage estimate doesn’t go up after the body shop gets a hold of it. That happens quite a bit. That could push the insurance company to total it.

I would wait and see if the initial damage estimate doesn’t go up after the body shop gets a hold of it. That happens quite a bit. That could push the insurance company to total it.

This. I was going to take some more detailed pictures of the damage when I dropped it off, but it was raining and I was beat after the drive and just decided to ditch it and run.

I won't be too surprised if the estimate starts creeping up after they tear into it. We will see.

I generally see oil temps between 215-225F during normal driving with my 2020 Ram 5.7. No difference in oil temperatures between the factory fill 5W-20 and the PP 5W-20 I am currently using.

Yea when I dropped the trailer off I looked at it on the way home and it was in the lower 200's. I was just working the snot out of it on the way back with the car loaded on the trailer.

This. I was going to take some more detailed pictures of the damage when I dropped it off, but it was raining and I was beat after the drive and just decided to ditch it and run.

I won't be too surprised if the estimate starts creeping up after they tear into it. We will see.

Ding Ding, we have a winner. Body shop hasn't even completed tearing into the car and they're already at $15,000 in damage. I'll probably go up there tomorrow and have a look at what they've gotten into so far, just out of curiosity.

Yep, completely totaled. Replaced with a 2020 Corolla, not sure what the price difference was. That's between the Wife, her dad, and the kid. I'm completely out of that loop.

Back