Anco, windshield wiper question.

I haven’t bought standard Anco in a while. I had a bunch of the standard ones but lost them over the years even though I prefer using those refill inserts if I can find them. I bought a bunch from RockAuto a few years ago.

So I got a pair of traditional Anco blades, only to find out the label says Trico Products and part of the Fram Group. And it doesn’t look easy to replace the insert, which used to be a plastic rail frame. I used to just pop out the insert and the standard width replacement could be squeezed in, although I usually pull out the clip. Not sure how hard it would be to pull out the metal rib inserts on these (at least they’re not crimped in place), but it might be possible to use my plastic rail refills although I might need to keep the metal clip to keep them from sliding out.

They were never intended to be refilled.

If you want to do refills, you either need OE blades or Denso Designers.

They were never intended to be refilled.

If you want to do refills, you either need OE blades or Denso Designers.

You mean Ancos?

The Anco refills I've got are so old (but still in good condition) that they still say Federal Mogul on the label. I pulled out one instructions sheet, and they do have visual directions to use pliers to yank out inserts from Trico blades. For the long-time plastic Anco blades, they actually recommend just breaking off the end (that holds the insert in place) and then use the clip on the insert to hold it in place. I've never broken it off because the plastic rail was always flexible enough to kind of squeeze them in place.

I haven’t bought standard Anco in a while. I had a bunch of the standard ones but lost them over the years even though I prefer using those refill inserts if I can find them. I bought a bunch from RockAuto a few years ago.

So I got a pair of traditional Anco blades, only to find out the label says Trico Products and part of the Fram Group. And it doesn’t look easy to replace the insert, which used to be a plastic rail frame. I used to just pop out the insert and the standard width replacement could be squeezed in, although I usually pull out the clip. Not sure how hard it would be to pull out the metal rib inserts on these (at least they’re not crimped in place), but it might be possible to use my plastic rail refills although I might need to keep the metal clip to keep them from sliding out.
I bought some TRICO FORCE blades back in December 2020. They almost went 3 years before one started chattering. I tried to find some more to no avail. My cousin told me he bought some $13 (per pair) beam style on EBAY and they were doing a great job. So, I bought a pair and I have to admit they are working out great. They state that they're for a RAM, but they fit just fine on my 07 F150.
I put my old TRICO FORCE blades back into the plastic sleeves after spraying them down with AEROSPACE 303.

I bought some Anco's from RA last year, they were junk. Anco used to be my go to wipers but no more. Bought some Michelins on sale at Costco that are way better.

Back