Ancel FX2000 OBD2 scanner my thoughts. ($80)

Let me start off with saying, i was very happy with my Launch CR319 25$ amazon scanner, but i knew i was missing out on a ton of info. So i jumped on marketplace to see if i could find something used/upgraded without breaking the bank and came across a Ancel FX2000 scanner. A quick google search later and i see it’s on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/ANCEL-Vehicle-Automotive-Transmission-Diagnostic/dp/B07N69PC3D with a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. I went and picked it up local for $80.. and It was brand new still in the box. It does way more then I need at the moment such as abs, airbag, transmission data plus the normal live data and vehicle specific data and graph’s. Its very well built, and has a pretty decent size high-ish quality screen. It’s also computer upgradable to support most of the new models which is nice. Speaking of upgrade, apparently the SD card was corrupt, and the firmware update would not apply.. After formatting it, and trying again, all is well. The firmware update and car data downloaded using the windows only program, and installed beautifully.. You can also save your DTC's and live data / freeze frame / graphs and upload and print it from the computer. Overall i'm very happy with this purchase, as it is very fast to sync up and display the data, updating multiple times per second. BUT the "issue" i'm having now is information overload! I don't even know what i'm looking at some times, nor do i know what some values "should" be. I have alot to learn about OBD2 values, transmission values, and stuff like that. I would recommend this Ancel FX2000 even at it current price of $159.99 minus $30 on Amazon, or if you can find it local for a decent price, i don't think you can go wrong. While there are other good readers out there, they cost more to get the same info this unit will tell you. There are also cheaper units, but i don't think they can do half of what this can do, so i believe this is a happy median for someone like me.

Here are some pictures! the screen has no dark spots, its just the camera and angle.

IMG_1994.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg
IMG_1989.jpeg
IMG_1987.jpeg
IMG_1985.jpeg
IMG_1986.jpeg
IMG_1988.jpeg

If your not a mechanic and dealing with this stuff every day the amount of info can be overwhelming. What I have found to be a help for me was when the vehicle is running properly before any issues come up I go in and look at the data. Take screen shots and label them. Its not a 100% foolproof method but if things do start to act up I have a baseline of readings to compare to. Of course then the hard part starts, figuring out what is causing the abnormal readings.

If your not a mechanic and dealing with this stuff every day the amount of info can be overwhelming. What I have found to be a help for me was when the vehicle is running properly before any issues come up I go in and look at the data. Take screen shots and label them. Its not a 100% foolproof method but if things do start to act up I have a baseline of readings to compare to. Of course then the hard part starts, figuring out what is causing the abnormal readings.
What a GREAT idea, For the Hyundai i recorded all data points via the record setting on the device locally and took about 30 pictures of all the data stream info on all the systems!. Now if an issue comes up, i know what they were at when it was running well. And for the geek in us here are just some of the photos/info on a 2009 Elantra 2.0L. I wonder if i can test to see if this new AEM dry flow air filter i have installed "breathes" the same VS the Fram one by comparing the MAF readings and taking reading with both filters.? Im going to get myself in trouble. LOL.
IMG_2036.jpeg
IMG_2034.jpeg
IMG_2033.jpeg
IMG_2030.jpeg
IMG_2024.jpeg
IMG_2022.jpeg
IMG_2022.jpeg
IMG_2019.jpeg
IMG_2007.jpeg
IMG_2006.jpeg
IMG_2023.jpeg

Back