Amsoil SAE 5w-40 MS vs FS

For my application ... 2017 Audi S6 (twin turbo V8, Stage 1)... VW spec 502.00 ... OEM uses Castrol Edge Professional 5w-40 (Dealership only). I have always switched over to Amsoil products after Factory warranties run out ... The Amsoil site shows 3 oils for my application SAE 5w-40 MS (no manufacture approval) $12.60/qt and SAE 5w-40 FS (it has manufacture approval) $9.45/qt ... Apparently there is no Signature Series oil for my application ...

It would seem obvious that the FS designation is the correct oil (and it costs less) ... I cannot find any other way to determine which to go with ...??

Does the higher cost of the MS designation give me more additives ...? and thus better protection ...??

Comments please ...

I change the oil every 10 Kmiles and oil filters every 5 Kmiles ...

Why in the world would you switch away from the dealer oil? The Castrol oils are excellent. I think all you are doing is emptying your pockets!

Castrol is good and at 10k mile OCI, you're not gaining any benefit switching to Amsoil. You change the filter at 5k miles , something that most people probably don't do. IMO you're wasting your money.

For my application ... 2017 Audi S6 (twin turbo V8, Stage 1)... VW spec 502.00 ... OEM uses Castrol Edge Professional 5w-40 (Dealership only). I have always switched over to Amsoil products after Factory warranties run out ... The Amsoil site shows 3 oils for my application SAE 5w-40 MS (no manufacture approval) $12.60/qt and SAE 5w-40 FS (it has manufacture approval) $9.45/qt ... Apparently there is no Signature Series oil for my application ...

It would seem obvious that the FS designation is the correct oil (and it costs less) ... I cannot find any other way to determine which to go with ...??

Does the higher cost of the MS designation give me more additives ...? and thus better protection ...??

Comments please ...

First of all switch over to being a preferred customer, FS EFM is $6.55 a quart or $25 gallon. The higher SAPS oil has less expensive ester base oils but is just fine a 10K interval, and certainly no need to swap filters.

Amsoil Preferred Customer (PC)

I've used both AFL and EFM in my Stage 2+ B5. I didn't notice a difference. Still have a few of each left over for my next oil change. I also have an aftermarket oil cooler so I'm around 8 quarts per OC instead of the stock 6.5 and I am using the larger B6 A4 filter too.

As mentioned the filter changes are accomplishing absolutely nothing. A filter's efficiency actually increases as the OCI goes on, up to the point it's clogged and in bypass which is certainly not going to happen in your nearly new well maintained Audi.

You could also use Amsoil AEL which is a VW 504 very good stuff.

As an aside VAG is moving/has moved to Mobil from Castrol but I don't know what they are using for a VW 502 in Mobil. I doubt it's the much loved 0w40.

Comments please ...

You can keep filter for 10K.
Motul X-Cess Gen2 5W40 looks like top notch oil.
But, next to:
Mobil1 0W40 FS
Castrol 0W40
Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40

I am not sure why complicating stuff.

Back