Amsoil S2000 20W 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the resent sample of the engine oil from my 2003 Harley Davidson Classic 14500cc. At the time of the sample there was 48146 miles on the engine and 6146 miles on the oil sampled. The oil sampled is Amsoil Series 2000 20W 50 Racing Oil. New gear driven cams (S & S 510) were installed at the beginning of this interval.

Iron 11
Copper 36
Aluminum 12
Silicon 6
Boron 42
Calcium 3833
Phosphorus 1174
Zinc 1484
Moly 5

Fuel VIS @ 100C cSt 17.24

TBN 11.19
Oxid 11.0
Nitr 13.0

Analysis Recommendations:
No corrective action required. Oil is suitable for continued use. Resample at next regular interval.

thats got to be the biggest motorcycle engine in the world! 14.5 litres!! Just tease'n i know what you meant.. your bike Isnt a shared sump right? thats just the oil from the engine and not trany?

So how long you been running the amsoil? And I'm really curious how your factory cams looked at 40000 miles?

Amsoil makes some very good products - that oil is one of them and I wish they would support its use in my car. The only oil Amsoil offers me, AFL, is very weak, and not doing well.

The copper must be gasket or do you think its the new bearings.
A friend once had a 5.7 litre motorcycle, but it was for show he could not handle it.

Quote:
The only oil Amsoil offers me, AFL, is very weak, and not doing well.

They had to lower some of the specs in order to meet others. It's a tradeoff unfortunately. At one time AFL was a very robust oil. It's still good, but more along the lines of the M1 0w-40 which has to meet a lot of specific specs.

Originally Posted By: wjdell
Amsoil makes some very good products - that oil is one of them and I wish they would support its use in my car. The only oil Amsoil offers me, AFL, is very weak, and not doing well.

PM me what kind of car you have, etc...(you may have told me before, but my brain doesn't do web handles all that great)

To answer Mudd,

Amsoil went into the bike at the 1k check-up at the dealer. Where the roller rode on the cam looks polished - other than that they are in like new condition. The whole assembly is like new - chain, drive gears, bearings.

Because the other wear metals are so low I believe the copper levels were do to the new bearings (bushing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back