Amsoil reps......EaO88 filter for 6.0 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil reps,

Are ya'll aware that the EaO88 oil filter for the 6.0 PSD is shorter than the OEM spec'd one which causes the check valve in the filter canister to not remain pushed down and the oil drains back into the oil pan at shutdown instead of remaining in the canister (1 quart of oil)?

Just so you know, a lot of 6.0 PSD are having problems with these filters and are complaining that it takes a long time at startup to register oil pressure. What's happening, is the oil being drained back into the pan has to refill the canister at startup (1 quart), then the oil makes its' way into the engine. From what I understand, Amsoil is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. Can one of the Amsoil reps get confirmation that Amsoil IS aware of this and is working on a solution.

Thanks.

GHG,

Amsoil released a new EOA88 filter for this application back in August. You may be talking about the original EAO88 design?

TS

Thanks for posting.

I have heard that some aftermarket suppliers are having this issue, so perhaps the Amsoil supplier used those same dimensions or this supplier (WIX?)is the source of the dimensional issue. (speculation)

I have inquired and await feedback. I will post whatever I find out.

TS - June/July/August was THE EaO88 release. I don't recall one before that??

quote:

The AMSOIL EaO-88 filter has been redesigned to accept both AMSOIL and Oil Guard aluminum billet by-pass components, allowing Ford Power Stroke™ 6.0L diesel drivers to take advantage of the benefits and added protection of by-pass filtration alongside the world’s first full-synthetic cartridge-style filter. These filters are available now, and replaced the existing stock of EaO-88 filters that were not compatible with this vehicle format.

To ease installation of the BMK-11 on 2003 and later model Ford pickups equipped with the 6.0L Power stroke™ diesel engine, AMSOIL provides the new Aluminum Billet Oil Filter Cap (BK-1101), the Aluminum Billet Oil Fill Cap (BK-1102) and the 90-degree JIC Elbow (BP-242). These new high-quality billet aluminum caps replace the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) filter cap and oil fill cap. The new caps have holes tapped in them that accept the JIC elbows for hose connectors.

EaO-88B Filters Now Available at Reduced Cost AMSOIL INC. will be liquidating stock on the EaO-88B filter line. These filters are compatible with Ford Power Stroke™ 6.0L diesels, however they are not compatible with aftermarket by-pass filtration systems or the AMSOIL BK-1101 By-Pass system. The EaO-88B filter has been reduced in price by $2.00 while supplies last.

This from the bulletin TS references.

GHG - So maybe it only applies to folks with bypass stuff?

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

quote:

The AMSOIL EaO-88 filter has been redesigned to accept both AMSOIL and Oil Guard aluminum billet by-pass components, allowing Ford Power Stroke™ 6.0L diesel drivers to take advantage of the benefits and added protection of by-pass filtration alongside the world’s first full-synthetic cartridge-style filter. These filters are available now, and replaced the existing stock of EaO-88 filters that were not compatible with this vehicle format.

To ease installation of the BMK-11 on 2003 and later model Ford pickups equipped with the 6.0L Power stroke™ diesel engine, AMSOIL provides the new Aluminum Billet Oil Filter Cap (BK-1101), the Aluminum Billet Oil Fill Cap (BK-1102) and the 90-degree JIC Elbow (BP-242). These new high-quality billet aluminum caps replace the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) filter cap and oil fill cap. The new caps have holes tapped in them that accept the JIC elbows for hose connectors.

EaO-88B Filters Now Available at Reduced Cost AMSOIL INC. will be liquidating stock on the EaO-88B filter line. These filters are compatible with Ford Power Stroke™ 6.0L diesels, however they are not compatible with aftermarket by-pass filtration systems or the AMSOIL BK-1101 By-Pass system. The EaO-88B filter has been reduced in price by $2.00 while supplies last.

This from the bulletin TS references.

GHG - So maybe it only applies to folks with bypass stuff?

Nope, people are having problems in non-bypass applications also. Is there anyway that one of you Amsoil reps can get your hands on one and either PM me the measurement of the filter lengthwise or respond here in this thread?

Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
EAO88:

Height = 7.10"
diameter = 3.27"

Thanks TooSlick...is the height measurement include the snap ring notches on top of the filter also, or is just the filter itself?

Just the filter element...

Note that original product introduction for this filter was January 30, 2006. The TSB for the new EAO88 filter was August 3rd....

TS

the first run of 88's was on 12-10-05 12:41PM
Made in USA

Info from date on a filter I have, last 1 of 10. No complaints.

fyi-As I read this, 1pm news on radio (here in Mich) that Ford and GM are talking merger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back