Amsoil EaA Filter Shelf Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a EaA123 for about 4 years now. I plan on changing it this winter after my current PureOne A/F has 20K on it. The filter will be about 5 years old by then.

I emailed Amsoil's tech support asking the shelf life of these filters and received a very vague answer from Amsoil...

"We do not limit the shelf life of the EaA filters."

Byron Selbrede
Technical Services

I'm sure there is some kind of shelf life on these filters. I would like to know how long? I've seen these foam type sealing gasket become brittle on some old air filters.

Anyone?

I would say it depends on how you store it. On a shelf or bench in a So Cal garage in direct sunlight, that could degrade the polymers in the seals after 5 years or so. The filter material will last indefinitely. As long as nothing seems brittle, you will be fine.

I agree....they should be good for quite a while. I would just check the surface seal and make certain there arn't any cracks or brittleness (very unlikely).
I have a couple Eaa filters for my bike on the shelf - they will get to be 2-3 years old before I use 'em. I change the oil every year (Amsoil).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back