Amsoil ATF and ATL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added.
• Mazda ATF‐III, ATF‐MV

So how come it was added when I was told that the old formulation was ok.
Should I replace un opened bottles ?

Last edited:
ATF is the same formulation, just slightly thicker now.

Oh, and now it's in a slick silver bottle :)

Pablo, why isn't the ATL available in gals or single 2.5 gal bottles? That's weird.

Question:
What package sizes are available for ATL?
Answer:
Quarts, 2.5‐gallon twin packs, 30‐gallon drums, 55‐gallon drums

Tell Amsoil I'm sorry, but I don't like the transmission fluid in the silver bottle. I prefer the bottle I can see through. I wish they would put all their products in the opaque bottles and just use different color caps and labels.

I never liked yellow bottles, but it just goes to show you, you can't judge an oil by the color of the bottle!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Tell Amsoil I'm sorry, but I don't like the transmission fluid in the silver bottle. I prefer the bottle I can see through. I wish they would put all their products in the opaque bottles and just use different color caps and labels.

I agree, that's why I am saving some of my old clear bottles of Amsoil ATF.

Someone translate into laymen's terms...

Does the ATL essentially replace ATF?

In my own vehicles: would it be advisable to use the ATL in my '01 Saturn SL2? or '04 Vue with the Honda 3.5L drive train that calls for Honda Z1 fluid?

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Someone translate into laymen's terms...

In my own vehicles: would it be advisable to use the ATL in my '01 Saturn SL2? or '04 Vue with the Honda 3.5L drive train that calls for Honda Z1 fluid?

Amsoil has two mainline ATF's.

ATF when you need a bit higher 100°C vis.
ATL for lower viscosity apps.

2001 Saturn you could use either. ATL if you want closeness to Dex VI. ATF if you want the fluid it was designed to use new.

Honda AT you use ATF.

for hate2work:

You can order a single 2.5 gallon bottle. At this time, they don't expect a large enough demand to put the ATL in gallon bottles.

I expect many shops will carry just the ATF, which will work in the transmissions that spec the thinner fluid, but might cost a bit of a loss in miles per gallon.

so ATL would not be "ideal" for my 130k mile auto taco? i have been using the ATF for sometime now. kinda glad its thicker. so does the ATF not support DEX6 now that its thicker?

>>Someone translate into laymen's terms...

The chemistry is the same. The ATF will work in any of the applications. The ATL may offer a bit better fuel economy, but for those that are already using ATF, it probably is not worth changing the fluid.

For the purists: Yes, build your commission credits, or your dealer's profits.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

What! No red bottle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back