AMSOIL 10W-30 Excels in API Sequence IIIF Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.amsoil.com/performancetests/sequence_3f.htm

Even at three times the standard test length, AMSOIL 10W-30 performed three times better than the test limit in the area of kinematic viscosity increase, and it excelled in all areas of the test. AMSOIL 10W-30 Motor Oil kept viscosity increase, wear, deposits and varnish to a minimum.

While conventional motor oils tend to thicken and lose their lubricating effectiveness, AMSOIL Motor Oils are formulated to maintain their viscosities over extended drain intervals. The results of the Sequence IIIF test clearly demonstrate the long drain capability of AMSOIL 10W-30 Motor Oil. Even after being subjected to a triple length Sequence IIIF test, AMSOIL 10W-30 performed three times better than the standard test limits. The competitor's motor oil shows dramatic viscosity increase in less than half the time.

Texas, this is old, just so you know.
smile.gif
Very old actually. It was a nice bench test and did exceptionally well. Take a look at the VOA of the 10w-30 in the VOA section. Take a look at Molekules' UOA of this oil and why it makes very good sense to do a UOA before going all out to the 25k mile land. I'm using this oil now and plan on sampling around 8k or so.

[ June 17, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Just found the date of the article. 09-25-2002

I do it all the time. Hey, someone new might not have seen it so it's good that it gets circulated around again.
cheers.gif

Impressive yes, but UOAs are where it really counts. Tests on new oil really mean nothing if it won't perform over the long haul (I'm not saying Amsoil won't, it's just that they put too much emphasis on their test results all the time)

And according to the last VOA done on it, there was a drop in EP adds and only a slight increase in the detergent package.

quote:

I'm not saying Amsoil won't, it's just that they put too much emphasis on their test results all the time)

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

I would guess that any quality synthetic oil would also perform well . Remember Amsoil may be the first in synthetics ,the third or forth in group 111 oils but Mobile oil has been making syn oils for jet aircraft when big Al was still in the military.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back