American owned filter companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought fram was American owned but a little research online led me to learn it's not.
I'm wondering if champion labs is the only truly American owned automotive filter company left?
Wix and Purolator are not anymore.

Champion Labs is American owned. Exxon-Mobil is American owned. Amsoil is American. Warren is American. Valvoline is American.

Shell is not American.

The choice is yours.

Do you guys know who owns Jim Beam Whiskey? How about Budweiser?
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Do you guys know who owns Jim Beam Whiskey? How about Budweiser?
laugh.gif

I know butwiper was bought by a European company a while back. Don't know about Jim beam.

Originally Posted by Kira
Imbev of Belgium

I believe a Chinese company bought Jim Beam

Both Parker and Baldwin have been in the US for many decades … and are global suppliers to various industries …
Have found a Baldwin oil filter with 20 psi PRV and will try a couple on my L83's next …

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by mcrn
Originally Posted by Kira
Imbev of Belgium

I believe a Chinese company bought Jim Beam

Close. Suntory holdings of Japan.

ok cool
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
Both Parker and Baldwin have been in the US for many decades … and are global suppliers to various industries …
Have found a Baldwin oil filter with 20 psi PRV and will try a couple on my L83's next …

Yes how could I forget those? I guess I was thinking about fiters easily accessible to me. I don't know where to buy either Baldwin or Hastings but we use the on the diesel engines at work often. They order them by bulk. fuel and oil filters as well as bypass

Baldwin/Hastings may be ordered through Zoro (Grainger) on their website or their ebay store. You know you are getting stock from Baldwin, no monkey business from resellers of surplus stock.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by 4WD

Yes how could I forget those? I guess I was thinking about fiters easily accessible to me. I don't know where to buy either Baldwin or Hastings but we use the on the diesel engines at work often. They order them by bulk. fuel and oil filters as well as bypass

I've used Napa Gold (Wix) filters forever and since Wix sold out to Mann+Hummel, I've been looking for what else is out there. Baldwin and Hastings and Donaldson three really good options with Baldwin and Hastings both being owned by Parker now. I've bought a bunch of Baldwin filters just on Amazon, but I've also used: baldwinfiltersus.com with good results.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Baldwin/Hastings may be ordered through Zoro (Grainger) on their website or their ebay store. You know you are getting stock from Baldwin, no monkey business from resellers of surplus stock.

Cool thanks

Originally Posted by Big_3_Only
Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by 4WD

I've used Napa Gold (Wix) filters forever and since Wix sold out to Mann+Hummel, I've been looking for what else is out there. Baldwin and Hastings and Donaldson three really good options with Baldwin and Hastings both being owned by Parker now. I've bought a bunch of Baldwin filters just on Amazon, but I've also used: baldwinfiltersus.com with good results.

Nice thanks for the link

So, just to make sure, would buying Motorcraft, Donaldson, and M1 oil filters be buying US company filters? Would prefer filters made in USA, and owned by US companies.

Last edited:
If you want high quality filters Royal Purple and Amsoil filters are from American companies made in the US (for most of their line)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back