Amazon Music App sound quality all over the place?

So i dont really know if this is a problem or not. My thinking is since i upgraded the whole home theater system - Denon 800watt receiver, 4 Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 satellite speakers & center, Klipsch Sub-12 subwoofer is that im now noticing how compressed Amazon Music App on smart TV really is, and is not a problem per say? Before i had a Pioneer receiver hooked up via the headphone jack from the TV with a converter/splitter to RCA audio input on receiver. I had basically a 3.1 system with a 5.1 KLH satellite speaker system layout, 2X Left, 2X right, center, and subwoofer. This worked for many years, but over time, i started noticing that the highs were not so bright, and voices never sounded great, with alot of boom from the subwoofer... So i had to take the next logical step..

After i upgraded everything minus the super thick monster wires - I have the TV connected to receiver via Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable, and a real 5.1 system layout now, i have noticed Instruments in music, and dialogue in movies i've never heard before. Movies via the Apps on smart TV all sound fantastic, Netflix, Hulu, Prime video and ditto on the cable box but i also use Amazon Music HD app, and some songs really sound like XM- very compressed, lacking bass, and brightness, while others sound studio quality with everything blending so perfectly. While ive never noticed this before with the old set up, its now very noticeable - to me at least. Its kinda like one of those things once you hear it, you can never un hear it lol.. Is there any settings on the app, or TV/receiver i can enable to up the quality of all songs on the Amazon music app? All software is updated to latest, even the receiver... Or is this just the way it is right now now streaming Amazon music?

Thanks!

Last edited:
they might not have everything in super high quality. The app has an option for quality
and I noticed even on the highest quality some songs were 50MB and others
Work wifi is super slow so it was pretty easy to guess the sizes of songs by the buffering.

You are paying for HD right? they have an extra fee for high quality. (I've gotten free trial of it several times)

Not all songs are available at the same quality level...just choose the best available option.

What really drives me nuts about the Amazon music ap, is that the random track is anything but...I have a huge collection, and hear the same handful of songs over and over and over again...ugh

Not all songs are available at the same quality level...just choose the best available option.

What really drives me nuts about the Amazon music ap, is that the random track is anything but...I have a huge collection, and hear the same handful of songs over and over and over again...ugh
yes 2000 song playlist.. hear same 40 songs on random.

shut off car.. starts over.

apple music is waay better. You can download the music without compression and is probably the greatest out of all of them.

apple music is waay better. You can download the music without compression and is probably the greatest out of all of them.
Tidal would probably be on top. Quality of DAC and streaming device matters most. Garbage in Garbage out it can't be fixed any other way.

Back