Amazon - Delco Filter PF63

Purchased a Delco PF63 from Amazon. The box has what looks to be Chinese writing on it. Wondering if Delco filters sold at dealerships etc. also have this writing? If not could this filter be a knockoff/fake?

Does the box or filter itself also have a proper date code ink jet marking? If not your suspicions could be correct.

I bought a PF48E from Amazon several months ago and returned it…sure looked like a counterfeit to me. The dealer where I bought my ‘21 Traversesells me the PF 63’s for $7 so I stick with those.

I'd return it.

I've stopped buying filters on Amazon, it is too much of a hassle. It seemed every filter I bought came with a giant dent in it, and others the box looked like it was dropped out of a plane. There are also quite a few sellers who are doing what I think happened here, which is putting a picture/description of a name brand filter, then shipping you a knock off item.

The non E no longer exists from many years now. I’d be suspect if it’s the older one. I bought 12 from rock way back when and they showed up as E’s which I didn’t want.

My local Chevy dealer has that filter for less than Scamazon or Walmart. No need to go anywhere else.

The non E no longer exists from many years now. I’d be suspect if it’s the older one. I bought 12 from rock way back when and they showed up as E’s which I didn’t want.
Think that’s for consumers - all of my new 5.3’s to date have had the shorter 63 - something to do with factory assembly machines …
My purchases have had the nylon cage - and have done well …

Our Enclave takes the PF63 btw and I’ve been using WIX and WIX XP, since the E’s came out, but I have maybe 4 original PF63’s left and am working those in…this long filter obstructs the AC charge port. I think the port was designed for the Pf48.

Nothing wrong with the E but the forum I was on said to avoid so I did

A counterfeit would have better packaging, less likely to arouse suspicion.

What you're getting is a "parallel import", eg grey market. It's from a worldwide parts distribution chain, not a US-centric one. Now what's funny, is that as a commodity product, it could have a different manufacturer-- better, or worse!

Considering gm is roughly 40% owned by a Chinese company ,SAIC- I believe, I would say it is legit. One box is easy to sell to both markets without repackaging.

the last few AC Delco filters I ordered from Amazon had boxes that looked like that (same as the boxes at Walmart) and were sourced by Amazon from the AC Delco store that IS AC Delco from what I've read...no issues with those filters

Bill

Considering gm is roughly 40% owned by a Chinese company ,SAIC- I believe, I would say it is legit. One box is easy to sell to both markets without repackaging.
The top three individual GM shareholders are Mary Barra, Mark Reuss and Dan Ammann. None of them are Chinese.
SAIC has owned as much as much 9.6% shares but nowhere near a controlling interest and definitely not 40%
God willing China will never owns much of an auto manufacturer that holds US defense contracts which GM holds.
They should have 0% interest in any part of any American sector but we have stupid politicians.

The top three individual GM shareholders are Mary Barra, Mark Reuss and Dan Ammann. None of them are Chinese.
SAIC has owned as much as much 9.6% shares but nowhere near a controlling interest and definitely not 40%
God willing China will never owns much of an auto manufacturer that holds US defense contracts which GM holds.
They should have 0% interest in any part of any American sector but we have stupid politicians.
I read SAIC bought what the US and Canadian Govt had owned of GM stock. It was 36% or just over 36%. But I hope you are right. The joint venture of GM SAIC in China is 51% SAIC and 49%GM

Last edited:
Is it chinese or korean? GM has a very large international presence. the filter itself should have a "made in xyz" stamp on the back. I noticed this commonality after watching a few Whip City Wrencher videos looking for the tallboy PF61 cut open. It looked great btw for the price.

Back