Amazon buys Boeing jets from Delta, WestJet as aircraft prices drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because not everything is cheap and affordable to be shipped. You ever tried buying milk and have it deliver to your house? Try it and tell me how much it cost. It is not $1-2, or even $4 like our California price.

Amazon will remain an online store for a reason and Walmart will still be 3x bigger decades down the road for a reason. Small mom and pop got rolled over decades ago over time, it is not Amazon who killed it.
Amazon killed them all. It’s proven. Amazon is already bigger than Walmart, Walmart is currently the leader of the retail store industry yes but not the online retail. They put my friends cabinet business out of business because they sell cabinets online. No I haven’t tried having milk delivered but I know people who have it’s the cost of milk and other groceries plus the delivery fee.

which newspaper did the Walton’s buy in Washington ?
Arkansas is homeboy, Washington is the commies. This is why the team homeboys are bashing Jeff Bezos, that's all.

I don't want monopoly but there is nothing Amazon did that Walmart cannot do on retail and Microsoft cannot do on cloud computing, and we all know SpaceX is way ahead of the Austin Power rocket Blue Origin is sending up the sky.

Amazon killed them all. It’s proven. Amazon is already bigger than Walmart, Walmart is currently the leader of the retail store industry yes but not the online retail. They put my friends cabinet business out of business because they sell cabinets online. No I haven’t tried having milk delivered but I know people who have it’s the cost of milk and other groceries plus the delivery fee.
Amazon Web Service is bigger than Walmart, not Amazon retail. Let's be clear which part of Amazon is what is more valuable and the future. If your friend is out of business because cabinets can be sold online it is not Amazon failing it, it is the rest of the cabinet businesses. Your friend could have been put out of business by Home Depot or HD Supply or any Russian or Vietnamese cabinet manufacturers.

So tell me, why is Home Depot not evil but Amazon (selling cabinets) is? Why not Ikea? They are the #1 kitchen vendor in the US.

Delivery fee for groceries like milk, is probably about $20 per trip. You think this is the future and will put Walmart out of business?

Amazon Web Service is bigger than Walmart, not Amazon retail. Let's be clear which part of Amazon is what is more valuable and the future. If your friend is out of business because cabinets can be sold online it is not Amazon failing it, it is the rest of the cabinet businesses. Your friend could have been put out of business by Home Depot or HD Supply or any Russian or Vietnamese cabinet manufacturers.

So tell me, why is Home Depot not evil but Amazon (selling cabinets) is? Why not Ikea? They are the #1 kitchen vendor in the US.
Because Home Depot sells them in the store too just as my friend did. We don’t have IKEA here so not sure on them.

I thought it was because your parents wouldn’t let you...

“Quit with the capitalism stuff”...eh? So, they should, what, give stuff away? Not make a profit? Not buy airplanes when they’re extraordinarily cheap?
Off topic but......

Have to admit, I am kind of looking forward to when AutoMechanic gets a girlfriend and he posts his parents thoughts/ comments about her.... might be a fascinating thread.

Because Home Depot sells them in the store too just as my friend did. We don’t have IKEA here so not sure on them.
Let me tell you:

The same size kitchen cabinet set sold in Home Depot would have been $10k, I'm sure it is high quality and name brand. The same size IKEA kitchen cabinet set was $2600, it is lower quality for sure and I have to assemble myself (let's say $1k labor) but if I scratch it I can just run down there to get a replacement same day. Installation let's say Ikea is harder to install and take an extra $1k (my contractor charge me $2k to install in 3 days, so I cannot imagine Home Depot will cost even more than that).

How much do you think your friend is selling cabinets for? How much do you think Amazon is selling for? You can blame your business failure on anyone but, what I learn in my kitchen remodeling saga, is that it takes a lot of relationship to build and install them, warranty them, return scratched up units and make things right. They would not want to deal with Walmart and definitely not Amazon when things hit the fan. I have seen vendors selling countertop fabrication at a loss to sell cabinets to make it up in profits, I see them refuse to sell just the cabinets to others to install because they cannot guarantee not damaging them.

This "Amazon put my friend's cabinet business out of business" argument, is like saying Goodman furnace selling on Amazon is putting your local HVAC tech out of business. I am not buying it.

But that's the point - any store with online shopping capability, like Ikea or HD, could put your friend out of business, even if they don't have a physical store near you. Why single out Amazon?

It’s all about

Delivery fee for groceries like milk, is probably about $20 per trip. You think this is the future and will put Walmart out of business?

No doubt, AWS is a powerhouse and big money maker for Amazon.

Arkansas is homeboy, Washington is the commies. This is why the team homeboys are bashing Jeff Bezos, that's all.

I don't want monopoly but there is nothing Amazon did that Walmart cannot do on retail and Microsoft cannot do on cloud computing, and we all know SpaceX is way ahead of the Austin Power rocket Blue Origin is sending up the sky.
WaPo just confessed to another big lie … lie first>>get results >>then admit to the lie

WaPo just confessed to another big lie … lie first>>get results >>then admit to the lie
That's every single media out there, left and right, east and west, north and south, etc etc. If you are at least 30 years old you should recognize it by now.

My airline ( Passenger ) decided to get into the freighter business and is sending planes in to have them turned into freighters. They are sending in some of their older 767 aircraft.

If you can’t beat em, join em.

Adapt or fail.

I do not have any issues with capitalism at all but I do have issues with some companies and try to deal only With ones I agree with their business model and ethics. I will pay more if required to do the right thing.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen a Prime Air 737 yet, I see their 767s a lot at MIA and MCO.

Logistics costs will make or break Amazon, buying logistics assets at probable fire sale prices makes sense.
Wonder if Amazon may eventually buy a UPS or do a wide scale delivery start up for logistics cost control.

Already Amazon needs to be broken up. Now you're saying they'll buy UPS... lord.

When I learned what a monopoly was, Amazon didn't exist. But what Amazon presently is was exactly how it was defined.

Already Amazon needs to be broken up. Now you're saying they'll buy UPS... lord.

When I learned what a monopoly was, Amazon didn't exist. But what Amazon presently is was exactly how it was defined.
I’m not sure why you say that, when nobody’s twisting anyone’s arm to buy anything from Amazon.

There are a myriad of available retailers to buy products online, and Amazon is certainly not the only shipping co.

Yes, they’re rich and successful. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that.

I like to buy stock of successful companies.

But there’s hundreds of places to shop other than Amazon.

They will never buy UPS. If anything they will start the alternative and becomes better. Breaking up AMZN won't do anything because each sector they are in is competitive in its own and they get there by being ruthless (think laying off the bottom 10% every year and hang your stock grant vesting out 3 years if you want it), and they let you get promoted if you deserve it by laying off your boss.

Jeff grew up without his biological dad (a dead beat), that must have done something to his childhood and made him a ruthless sociopath he is today.

Why would they buy a union shop like UPS?

Reactions: GON
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back