Amalie/AOC date code?

Does anyone know how to read the date code from an Amalie / AOC bottle?

I purchased 12 quarts of their Elixer full synthetic from Amazon, and I received what appears to be old stock with an API SN rating. Amalie's website shows the oil to be API SP, and I assume they've produced API SN+ at some point, so I'm guessing these bottles I got are a few years old.

Admittedly, Amazon's photos show an SN API cert, but I assumed they were old photos, as is usually the case when I buy oil online. Since it's sold and shipped by Amazon, I figured they'd rotate through stock relatively quickly and have stock that is semi-recent.

Oh well, win some, lose some. Any potential issues running this older stuff in a GDI engine (2015 Kia Sedona, 3.3L)?

I've circled the only text I could find that appears to be a date code of some sort:

amalie.jpg

Does anyone know how to read the date code from an Amalie / AOC bottle?

I purchased 12 quarts of their Elixer full synthetic from Amazon, and I received what appears to be old stock with an API SN rating. Amalie's website shows the oil to be API SP, and I assume they've produced API SN+ at some point, so I'm guessing these bottles I got are a few years old.

Admittedly, Amazon's photos show an SN API cert, but I assumed they were old photos, as is usually the case when I buy oil online. Since it's sold and shipped by Amazon, I figured they'd rotate through stock relatively quickly and have stock that is semi-recent.

Oh well, win some, lose some. Any potential issues running this older stuff in a GDI engine (2015 Kia Sedona, 3.3L)?

I've circled the only text I could find that appears to be a date code of some sort:

View attachment 62121
I have a few bottles of Carquest 10w 30 full syn. (made by Amalie) that are rated SP, SN +, SN, SM/CF ILSAC GF-6A and the date code on them is T 21120 1 10:22 13719.

Some of the characters look funny, so I don't know whether to interpret them as a 0 or U..?

If I had to guess it'd be 18 for year, 120 for day at 8:16.

Anyone know for certain how to decode the date?

All the Carquest oil I've got is DDDYY, this appears to be from the 181st day of 2020
OK gotcha, then the fellow who posted above was made on 211 day of 2020. Makes sense, so evidently mine was made somewhere near the cut-off where they switched to SP, or maybe just didn't update the label. Thanks for the clarification. Seems like Amalie may have skipped SN+ entirely.

I'm thinking also that the last set of numbers on the label code (in my case 13719) is likely a batch or lot number of some type.
All 12 quarts I received were made on same day between 8:15 and 8:16. The last set of numbers is unique on each quart, but they're nearly sequential, which had me wondering if each quart was numbered in sequential order as it came off the line.

Back