Am I limited to size of Micro SD card for tablet & phone?

I need space on my phone & tablet, also want to bake up my pictures. I want to copy pictures to a Micro SD card from my phone and tablet. Can I buy a 128gb Micro SD card to back up to or am I limited to the size?

Call the customer support for the brand(s) of phone & tablet you have. There usually is a limit, but it varies according to make and model. The customer support can tell you the limit of the model(s) you have. Also they can recommend what SD cards will perform the best and be the most reliable for your devices (be sure to ask for those recommendations, not just the size limit), . With the information from the customer support for your device you will know the exact size, brand, and version of SD drive to buy. Then look around to see who sells those exact ones on places like Amazon, e-bay, Best-buy, and any others.

Calling customer service may be your best bet but if you have the phone specifics that you can find under setting, about phone check the internet. You will likely find a copy of the owners manual or users group with success and problems with certain cards. Their are so many different card formats with the increased speeds that many are backward compatible but not forward.

Check your device owner's manual, it will show what the maxiumum amount of memory on card the device will work with.

Back