Altimax RT43 snow review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Ws6
Nice! Whoever gave you the idea to buy those is a genius!

As t o the water softener, I lucked out with not needing one. That sounds expensive!

Some dude who likes Trans Am's and Mazda's!
lol.gif
Thank you very much hahaha!

As for the softener, they say 40lbs a month is average, and a 40lb bag is $4-$7. Luckily the previous owners bought a nice Kinetico system, so no rental fees.

lol, I'm more of a corvette guy, but my LT1 led me to an LS1, led me to an LS7.

I have no water softener or filtration. I've considered it, but water analysis leads me to think it would be of dubious value.

Last edited:
Update: We got a decent amount of snow, and because night shift NONE of the roads I had to drive were plowed, even the interstate was completely covered. Made it home with no issues, pretty relaxed driving actually, especially compared to what I dealt with while using the old tires last year.

Also, donuts in the driveway because I am a child with self control issues
whistle.gif

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Update: We got a decent amount of snow, and because night shift NONE of the roads I had to drive were plowed, even the interstate was completely covered. Made it home with no issues, pretty relaxed driving actually, especially compared to what I dealt with while using the old tires last year.

Also, donuts in the driveway because I am a child with self control issues
whistle.gif

[Linked Image]

Told ya they would do you a solid. Glad you made it home well!

You must live further up north. We didn't get much powder snow down by me, rather more partially-frozen mist and snow.

Update 2: snow+freezing rain

They're great all seasons. There were a few spots that I struggled to get traction, like the big hill leading to my house, but I never got stuck. Definitely will be buying again.

Also, sweet ice spoiler!

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back