Altima tire selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a search, and couldnt find what I needed, so I will start a new post.

I am looking for a tire for a 2005 Nissan Altima for my wife. She drives daily about 12 miles highway, and unfortunately, about 2 miles off road. This is actually an abrasive white gravel/rock surface off road surface thats hard on the tires.

We need a tire this is most importantly quiet on road, with some wet weather traction. No snow or all terrain needed. The mud will be of no consequence. Size I think is P215/60-16. The tires that are currently on are very loud at 70-80 mph on the freeway. We want to quieten that down.

We want to stick to name brand, highly available tires if possible. No exotics, as I will not mail order tires from the Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I will visit a nearby Discount Tire if needed.

Through my limited research, I am leaning toward Goodyears Assurance ComforTred. Any better recommendations, with the explanations why? Thanks in advance.

Michelin MXV4+ Energy I had on my Accord were very quiet, alas that's about the only good thing that could be said about them. They're also quite expensive.

Looks like the ComforTred may be the right choice for your.

I'm sure Stewart Fan will flame me but the Firestone LH30's have given me excellent service on my Civic. I will buy them again.

I'll second the ComfortTread's. They seem to get high marks for being smooth and quiet.

Also important is Goodyear is offering a $40 cash card via the mail until Aug 26, so if you're gonna pull the trigger, better do it this weekend!

Try some Yokohamas, you won't be disappointed. Smooth, quiet, good handling, good in wet conditions, and reasonably priced compared to Goodyear, Michelin, Dunlop etc.

You should go to tirerack.com and compare the ComforTred to the Kumho A/S 795. Tirerack prices the Kumho at half the price of the ComforTred and in my opinion the Kumho's just as good a tire. In Tirerack's Standard Touring All-Season category the Kumho A/S 795 is ranked 3rd. My wife has them on her Subaru Forester and they're a great tire.

quote:

Originally posted by rusty 63 model:
Did a search, and couldnt find what I needed, so I will start a new post.

I am looking for a tire for a 2005 Nissan Altima for my wife. She drives daily about 12 miles highway, and unfortunately, about 2 miles off road. This is actually an abrasive white gravel/rock surface off road surface thats hard on the tires.

We need a tire this is most importantly quiet on road, with some wet weather traction. No snow or all terrain needed. The mud will be of no consequence. Size I think is P215/60-16. The tires that are currently on are very loud at 70-80 mph on the freeway. We want to quieten that down.

We want to stick to name brand, highly available tires if possible. No exotics, as I will not mail order tires from the Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I will visit a nearby Discount Tire if needed.

Through my limited research, I am leaning toward Goodyears Assurance ComforTred. Any better recommendations, with the explanations why? Thanks in advance.

My immediately preceding ride, a Nissan Maxima, had the same size wheels. I ran some very exotic high performance tires on that car, but the best tires I ever found for it were Dunlop SP Sport 01 in the 225/55-16 size. Bonus: for a very high performance tire, it is remarkably inexpensive.

Oddity: if you go to Tire Rack, the SP Sport 01 for that size is listed as an SP Sport 01A, a related, but slightly different, tire. If you order the SP Sport 01A in the 225/55-16 size, you will receive the 225/55-16 SP Sport 01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back