Alternator part replacement

Happy Monday all!
2002 pathfinder 3.5l alternator went out on the highway. It barely got me home when the headlights finally went dark. It was a bear to get out but managed to get more slack on the wiring harness by disconnecting some things. I have ordered a rectifier (hitachi) and regulator (harfon) but can't seem to find the slipring and brushes for this particular alt. Can anyone suggest some options. One of the brushes is worn more than the other and the corresponding slipring position is slightly worn. Would it be sufficient to just swap the brushes with each other and call it a day? First time rebuilding an alternator but can't afford a new hitachi one and these trucks chew through aftermarket alts. It's a LR1110-712

20240519_152645.jpg

20240519_153119.jpg

20240519_153053.jpg

It's just so much a pain to get in and out I don't want to do this again anytime soon... considering I just did the IAC fiasco, I've run out of patience... lol

For the amount of wear I have I feel I have a few years at least before I have any issues.. does that sound right?

A hundred and a half for a AC Delco reman....grab it.
Besides sourcing brushes, you want to change the bearings and regulator on a 23 year old alternator. You gotta find that stuff too.
Mandatory call-out for a local alternator rebuild shop.

Check/ talk to this guys.
I found that one before but didn't have pathfinder as a selection... may have to call

@tmitchell706, I think he had around 120K on it. Does not drive it much in last few years. It was original. Used to belong to his sister-in law, so not a lot of history on the maintenance.
Did you take it out the top sans fan shroud and fan? Any tips about install/ access to the rear connections?

Back