ALLDATA DIY Online Service Manual Question

I have not needed my ALLDATA DIY subscription in a while and it had expired. When I went to renew it, I got this message:

"ALLDATA Classic DIY will still be accessable until your subscription expires, all new vehicle subscriptions and extensions will be managed through the new ALLDATA DIY website"

I went to the new ALLDATA DIY website and found the pricing had tripled for my vehicle's manual. One year previously was $20, now it is $60. Does anyone use ALLDATA DIY, and if you had the old version and now have the new version, is there any difference between the two? Or is the price increase the only thing that is new?

Whoa Nelly! That is one heck of a price jump! I have subscriptions for 4 vehicles, and one of the 4 is due for renewal in November.

I just checked Mitchell1 DIY, and their annual subscription rate is $29.95 and a 4 year subscription is only $44.95. Guess I'll be migrating over to MItchell1 as the AlldataDIY subscriptions expire.

FYI, on AlldataDIY, I am still using the old version. I have a feeling AutoZone is going to lose a lot of AlldataDIY subscribers.

Mitchell has a couple of free demos on the DIY portion of their site. Take a look. Maybe it is just that I am familiar with ALLDATA, but the Mitchell online manual seemed inferior.

yeah i have a few, fortunately i think the one i need most still has about 3 years on it. They will have to up their game some to get 60.00 a year unless they get a lot of newer stuff. I might pay 60.00 for Robert Bentley level info for the VW, but not for Cilton level information for a 2002 Ranger...

I kinda miss being able to just order if rom Helm too not he Fords...

Many local libraries have All Data subscriptions. Both county library systems near me subscribe.
As a DIY guy it is perfect for me.
It's essentially a free benefit as part of my local tax rate.

The only part they sting me on is the $0.05/page they charge to print after the first 5 free pages.
So they typically get me for about $0.35!
If the procedure is really long they might get me for $0.60.

Last edited:
My library offers "Auto Repair Source from MOTOR" online.. It is inferior to ALLDATA. In many cases, there are no illustrations, and wear items that are often replaced are not even covered.

In my case, I would buy a year subscription to ALLDATA DIY and then might use it two, maybe three times. ALLDATA probably looked at usage by subscriber and figured if they raised the price to $20 a month, people like me would be more likely to buy a month for a single repair. Then, if they need it again within the year, they buy another month's worth of access and ALLDATA has doubled their income from that user with no corresponding increase in their expenses. Or maybe I am just overthinking it. Still, it is a big price jump.

Yes, they went up in price a lot. I ran into that when we went to subscribe for my fiance's dad's Ford truck. All of my past subscriptions are expired and I'm not about to pay $60 a year each for my four vehicles. I did notice that they added the interactive wiring diagrams from the Pro subscriptions that techs usually subscribe to and have been told that with this new price you get all of the info of the Pro version.

I also had left my last ALLDATA subscription expire and found the same thing that the OP did. No way I will pay them the new rates. I used to renew or add new subscriptions after the first one years ago, for $15/year. My two cars have no aftermarket print manuals.

I had considered going with Chilton DIY. I just checked a minute ago and they have closed down as on 01/07/22.

Does anyone have experience with RepairSurge online manuals? $20 a year. It seems it is one of those auto renewing deals with them holding your credit card in their hand.

Back