All season for All terrain

Do you prefer all season or all terrain tires on your truck/SUV and why? With all terrains becoming progressively more road friendly (especially since we now have "hybrid terrain" tires) and with many of them being rated for 50-60,000+ miles along with 3PMS snow ratings I have a hard time going back to all seasons even if there are some really good options for both these days.

For example, other than the hit in MPGs due to LT weight, I can't even tell the Coopers are AT's on our 2018 F150. Smooth and quiet. Even my Grabbers are smooth and rather quiet. Quieter than certain summer performance tires I've run on past sports cars actually!

I run Cooper AT3 LTs on our F250. Like you said - they ride well enough, they're quiet enough, and the steering response is good enough that I really don't see any downside to using them.

hybrid terrain? I thought that was the super aggressive AT that is between AT and MT?

Even non-5rib AT tires are pretty decent on the road such as toyo Opencountry AT3 (non-5 rib design picture BFG AT)
Also AT tires ARE All season tires.

Sort of like saying Would you buy a truck or a ford truck.

Last edited:
My truck will most likely get either Michelin LTX or Continental TerrainContact H/T tires next....so A/S.

My truck will most likely get either Michelin LTX or Continental TerrainContact H/T tires next....so A/S.
I would call that Highway terrain.;)
All season is a very general category of tires..:geek:
All season would easily fit 4 major (sub)categories of truck tires P-metric(car model) HT, AT and MT tires.:unsure:

Edit: added smilies.

Last edited:
My older SUV got Cooper AT3 4S (P not LT), is the one I'd take mild off-roading, it's not an aggressive tread for an AT. Newer SUV never goes off road besides a parking area at a park, so it got all season highway tires that are a "little" quieter/smoother, and until the outer rib corner wore down a little on the AT3 4S, more precise steering. I'd make the same choice again, but neither of these vehicles has many miles on their new(er) tires yet.

Last edited:
The Defender LTX M/S is Michelin's Highway All-Season tire

Not sure where you quoted that from since its not in any posts above.. but that wasnt my point. I should use more smilies.

Going from a specific subcategory to a general category is awkward.

if someone is asking which ford truck should I buy and you reply I'm buying a ford.
It was more in relation to the OP's post than yours.

but carry on. ;)

i run REAL snow-winter tires year around in Pa. my 2011 fronty SV gets used less in nice warmer weather + being retired i need to drive LESS $$, cheap to run motorcycles + my TT 225Q roadster also gets more use so faster wearing BUT BEST in the snow tires get a rest + the snow tread goes up a slippy yard better to deliver my COAL to the back door where my coal bin is located. all season or all terrain BUT winter are NOT optimal as temps drop + their rubber hardens IMO!!

I like my BFGoodrich KO2’s, they do pretty much everything decently. But I’m not going to put E load range tires on my half ton and if that means I have to go back to a decent highway tire then so be it. My KO2’s are C load range, truck originally came with P tires.

I like my BFGoodrich KO2’s, they do pretty much everything decently. But I’m not going to put E load range tires on my half ton and if that means I have to go back to a decent highway tire then so be it. My KO2’s are C load range, truck originally came with P tires.

I like the way my F150s ride and handle with LTs (at the proper pressure). It does hit the MPGs a tad, though.

Just out of curiosity, I keep hearing that the KO2 aren't so hot in wet weather after a few miles of wear. How is your experience?

Not sure where you quoted that from since its not in any posts above.. but that wasnt my point. I should use more smilies.

Going from a specific subcategory to a general category is awkward.

if someone is asking which ford truck should I buy and you reply I'm buying a ford.
It was more in relation to the OP's post than yours.

but carry on. ;)
I'm just saying that Michelin calls it an A/S tire. 😁

I like the way my F150s ride and handle with LTs (at the proper pressure). It does hit the MPGs a tad, though.

Just out of curiosity, I keep hearing that the KO2 aren't so hot in wet weather after a few miles of wear. How is your experience?
The C load range are LT’s, but lighter (46lbs vs 53) than E’s. I noticed the extra weight of my LT’s vs the factory Goodyears (37lbs), my MDS stopped kicking in above 55mph and mog’s are down about a mile per gallon.

They seem the same as anything else in the rain, they’re certainly better than the factory Goodyears after a year and roughly 13,000 miles though.

Back