Alignment Question

Ok alignment boffins and geometry gurus got a question about the alignment on my 2012 Suzuki.

1. Twice it caused abnormal wear on two sets of tires. The rears feather a bit on the inside edges.
2. Tires always properly inflated and rotated ~every 5-6K miles
3. No accidents ever. Vehicle is only at 40K.
4. Not abused, no burnouts.

Please interpret this readout from the alignment machine;
Suzuki Alignment 2 001.jpg
Suzuki Alignment 2 001.jpg

Probably going to have a pull to the right. Caster is "in spec" but will pull to the least positive. Usually a difference of .5 is enough to cause a slight drift. Your difference is 1.0.

Sorry bad eyesight! Your difference is .8

Factory spec for front caster is 4.167° +/- 1°. It's within spec. It's not usually a factor in tire wear. I've had alignment specs look worse (but still within spec) and the tire wear was fine.

Was this alignment done recently after noticing tire wear? If so, I'd drive it and monitor. Everything looks fine to my eyes. If you want to dial in the settings closer to one another, you're probably not going to get that at a chain outfit. Caster and camber are most difficult to adjust (often can't be without camber bolts or alignment kit), so most shops don't touch them, especially if they are already within spec.

The cross camber is a mess the cross caster is concerning, take it back and if the words "it is in spec" come out of anyones mouth ask if theres someone with a clue you can talk to.

I can't read the ranges on the print out but the tolerances look suspiciously wide.

The back actually looks decent.

The cross camber is a mess the cross caster is concerning, take it back and if the words "it is in spec" come out of anyones mouth ask if theres someone with a clue you can talk to.

I can't read the ranges on the print out but the tolerances look suspiciously wide.

The back actually looks decent.
This. Sloppy job on the front. I've made better camber and caster adjustments in my driveway.

Rear is acceptable, I'd back off on the camber on the RR but it's probably not enough to hurt.

EDIT actually, it doesn't look like they touched the front camber/caster. "Not adjustable" from the factory, if it were mine I'd get adjustable camber bolts and make it perfect but you might as well just watch tire wear, handling and go from there if it's a problem. The tire wear you described was probably from the toe.

Last edited:
Back