aligment help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, it helps assembly by making some holes round (nonadjustable) instead of oblong (adjustable). The cure is, depending on the vehicle, drilling the holes longer or putting in a bent bolt that compensates.

Camber is basically how vertical your tire is, so the bottom of your tire was sticking out further than the top. It would be hard to do that hitting a curb; maybe you were sliding on snow with the wheel all the way left and hit a pothole.
dunno.gif

Had my tires rotated yesterday. The mechanic showed me the driver side front tire had wear on inside edge. I told them to align the car, 02 Toyota Avalon with 30000 miles. After a few minutes the mechanic said he couldn't align without replacing "camber bolt" It was late and couldnt get the part until the next day. I never heard of this and the cost was only an additional 25 dollars. Do this sound right? Just thought I'd run this by you guys before I get it done.
dunno.gif

It makes sense, but it sounds like the car has been damaged or the front wheels run into something hard.

A Toyota shouldn't need alignmant at all at 30k miles unless it has been a bused or had a factory defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back