Airaid SynthaMax vs. OE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Here is something that doesn't happen to me everyday. The aftermarket "performance" air filter is significantly cheaper than the OE filter. I am looking at the Airaid SynthaMax (not the oiled SynthaFlow) to possibly replace the OE air filter when the time comes to change the air filter in my Shelby. All I care about is OE quality as it pertains to filtration... does anyone know if the Airaid product filters as well in terms of particulate size to the OE filter? The website, of course, is no use as it is all marketing hype. Both the Ford and the Wix filter are way more expensive than the Airaid. If the Airaid protects against particulate matter as well as the OE I see no reason not to use it. Thoughts?

Oem. It's guaranteed to be right. If filtration is your primary concern then the eom part number is a no brainer in my opinion.

The Air Raids/AEM Dry/aFe Dryflows/etc. may flow a little more air, but I highly doubt they will filter down to the micron size of that cellulose/synthetic/what ever material the Motorcraft, and Wix are designed to do all day.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back