Aguila .22 $24.99 for 500 free shipping over $50

That's not their "best" round, but for average plinking, that's a pretty good deal.
They make a 40 gr @2400+ fps.
This is standard bulk .22 comparable to the big packs of Winchester or Federal. Its also consdiered high velocity, 2400fps isn't a .22 LR. Here's their fast 40gr offering

That's not their "best" round, but for average plinking, that's a pretty good deal.
Link? The fastest .22 LR Aquila makes in 40 grain is the Interceptor at 1,470 f.p.s. Even the fastest .22 Magnum rimfire I know of is the Hornady V-Max at 2,200 f.p.s. and it is a 30 grain bullet.

If only… hollow points are illegal to possess in my state.

I shoot CCI copper, it’s the only 22lr that my Ruger likes. Even then I need to keep them (the 10 shot Magazines) warm for timed steel shooting matches when temps dip below 40F.

Not a bad bulk price. I remember when just about every walmart had 500rnds of rem thunder for $20 in store all the time many years ago, never understood why people disliked rem thunder. Runs perfectly in my 4 plinkers, the kids never complained about jams, only a few per bulk box were duds, never once had a stove pipe.

Good but smelly ammo. I still prefer CCI SV, it is reliable and stays subsonic in all of my .22's.

uh no they dont. fastest 36-40gr .22lr is under 1500fps. you can get low grain bullets such as stingers still around 1800.
common high velocity is 1280-1300 with a few 1400+
.22 mag isnt even 2400.. and not 40grain either.

This is standard bulk .22 comparable to the big packs of Winchester or Federal. Its also consdiered high velocity, 2400fps isn't a .22 LR. Here's their fast 40gr offering

Aguila is miles ahead of Winchester. I’ve shot thousands of rounds with no issues.

Winchester .22 is the bottom of the barrel

You're right! I saw 1470 fps and misquoted it. Still 1470 is pretty fast for a 40gr.

Right next to Federal. Both sitting on top of Remington Thunderbolts....
You must not know about 510's. Probably the best 'budget' .22lr ever produced. Federal all the way.

Why do people dis the Winchesters? Every forum on the planet is 'aw man, WWB is the biggest pile of doody on the planet/the milk carton Winchester .22's are terrible". Just not true.

It's no worse than Aguila, for sure.

EDIT - I and my ex BIL got a bunch of a bad lot of Yellow Jackets once. Every hundred rounds, it looked like the actions had been dipped in melted licorice. That was not the norm - Yellow Jackets were some good stuff, but the Winchester hate comes from a few bad lots, much of it a couple of decades ago - just like the bad Yellow Jackets we bought. Thunderbolts I totally agree with. I won't buy them. They should be the cheapest .22lr on the market.

Yeah, they (Winchester) also f'd up a batch of Herter's a couple of years ago. And they made it right to anyone who bought it.

Last edited:
You must not know about 510's. Probably the best 'budget' .22lr ever produced. Federal all the way.

Why do people dis the Winchesters? Every forum on the planet is 'aw man, WWB is the biggest pile of doody on the planet/the milk carton Winchester .22's are terrible". Just not true.

I have two 500 rnd boxes of Winchester m22's with "For revolvers only" written on them because they will literally not function in any of my many, many other .22's (I even had cases get stuck or feed problems with bolt actions).. I have had fine luck with other Winchester .22 varieties, but strongly prefer Federal, CCI or even Aguila.. Remington .22's are also not great IMO. Dirty and more misfires than other brands at least in my experience.

I have 800 rounds left of Winchester M*22. Lots of duds, and a few hanging in the chamber. Never had that problem with CCI or other brands.
Saw your post after I wrote one saying essentially the same thing.. I've had other varieties of Winchester .22 that were OK, but M-22's were the worst I've ever dealt with from any brand.

I have two 500 rnd boxes of Winchester m22's with "For revolvers only" written on them because they will literally not function in any of my many, many other .22's (I even had cases get stuck or feed problems with bolt actions).. I have had fine luck with other Winchester .22 varieties, but strongly prefer Federal, CCI or even Aguila.. Remington .22's are also not great IMO. Dirty and more misfires than other brands at least in my experience.
Welp, that's why they have "for revolvers only" on them. Stingers won't run right out of quite a few auto loaders, too. Or is that what you wrote on them?

EDIT - I and my ex BIL got a bunch of a bad lot of Yellow Jackets once. Every hundred rounds, it looked like the actions had been dipped in melted licorice. That was not the norm - Yellow Jackets were some good stuff, but the Winchester hate comes from a few bad lots, much of it a couple of decades ago - just like the bad Yellow Jackets we bought. Thunderbolts I totally agree with. I won't buy them. They should be the cheapest .22lr on the market.

Yeah, they (Winchester) also f'd up a batch of Herter's a couple of years ago. And they made it right to anyone who bought it.
Horse feathers. I had three bricks of Super X that were horrible. Dud rate was over 10% and at approximately 5 out of 50 would not chamber. I complained to Winchester and they sent me a shipping label and a refund for the three bricks. Great customer service but garbage ammo.

Federal 510s are a good round. Still have a few boxes from when they were labeled “ Lightning”

Back