Agonizing eBay seller

Many who commented here are agonizing too I guess.

This will be my final attempt at explaining since many can’t read. The second shipped confirmation I received was from eBay, and as mentioned, was a live tracking number with completely different dates than the first tracking number. It was then marked as “delivered” a few days later.

This all happened after I already had the original item, which had its own tracking number that was also marked as delivered.

It’s a pretty shady thing to just ignore something like this IMO. As said, it was a high dollar item. Somewhat of a CYA thing too.

He got the package.. had it in his hand. Then they sent him an email saying it was shipped and eventually delivered but he already had it.
That is my take, as well.

My reply had a format error so, I will re-post..

Sounds like a screw-up on their end.

They either really did mail it twice.. or, they mailed it once, without shipping info (did the first/only time have shipping and tracking information?) and then put their "live shipping" (shipping label???) into the Track Item field, and were clueless from there.

Noble effort on your part, but I'm dealing with your typical version of this. Ordered a high dollar item. Had it sent to shop. Says "Delivered." Put all their information on it. I get there, shop owner states it never came, and he would be the one that would be receiving it, etc. So it is officially lost. Best case there would be, either someone finds it, somewhere, or it gets sent again. Yours just happened in reverse.. it shipped once and said it did twice. Mine, says delivered once and may need to be sent twice.

You are under no obligation here, if they persist, show them photographs of the item they sold and you received and call EBay Customer Service or whatever they have online for it. You can mark their shipping information as received, as well, I think, and end it that way too.

Many who commented here are agonizing too I guess.

This will be my final attempt at explaining since many can’t read. The second shipped confirmation I received was from eBay, and as mentioned, was a live tracking number with completely different dates than the first tracking number. It was then marked as “delivered” a few days later.

This all happened after I already had the original item, which had its own tracking number that was also marked as delivered.

It’s a pretty shady thing to just ignore something like this IMO. As said, it was a high dollar item. Somewhat of a CYA thing too.
But you only received one item, right?

You came out the winner here. Move on.

That is my take, as well.

My reply had a format error so, I will re-post..

Sounds like a screw-up on their end.

They either really did mail it twice.. or, they mailed it once, without shipping info (did the first/only time have shipping and tracking information?) and then put their "live shipping" (shipping label???) into the Track Item field, and were clueless from there.

Noble effort on your part, but I'm dealing with your typical version of this. Ordered a high dollar item. Had it sent to shop. Says "Delivered." Put all their information on it. I get there, shop owner states it never came, and he would be the one that would be receiving it, etc. So it is officially lost. Best case there would be, either someone finds it, somewhere, or it gets sent again. Yours just happened in reverse.. it shipped once and said it did twice. Mine, says delivered once and may need to be sent twice.

You are under no obligation here, if they persist, show them photographs of the item they sold and you received and call EBay Customer Service or whatever they have online for it. You can mark their shipping information as received, as well, I think, and end it that way too.

Noble effort.. Thank you.

Like I said, 2 different tracking numbers with different dates, times etc. All of which were sent from eBay. It did look like 2 were delivered at my house.

I've received tracking numbers a half dozen times before on the same item. A lot of what I buy on Ebay is used stuff so it's not exactly like they picked another up off the shelf and shipped it. I can't explain why it happens. It can be downright annoying, but there's no harm int

I have received second shipments before from big sellers. I always let them know and usually the response is "keep it.

At one point, though, I bought a large capacity compact flash card(maybe 64gb, which at the time was about $100 for that quality card) from the "outlet" of a major photo store on Ebay. It arrived and I was all good and happy for it.

A couple of days later I get another tracking number and ignore it. Much to my surprise, another card shows up.

I contact the seller and inform them of their mistake and ask how they'd like to proceed. They respond with an invoice for the second card sent to my email address(outside Ebay) and informed me that I needed to pay for the second card. My answer-I didn't order a second-send me a shipping label.

It got interesting from there-they informed me that since I had received it, I needed to pay and that they would file a theft report if I didn't pay.

So, on that note, I replied with "I only ordered one card, as my original Ebay invoice indicates. As per the terms of 39 U.S. Code § 3009, I will consider this unsolicited merchandise and consequently at my discretion will use it, give it away, throw it away, or otherwise dispose of it. I am willing to return the item at your expense, although I am not obligated to do so, however otherwise I will be following the terms of 39 U.S. Code § 3009."

The next message-"Keep the item, thanks for your business."

It got interesting from there-they informed me that since I had received it, I needed to pay and that they would file a theft report if I didn't pay.
I would have ignored them at that point. They don't have a leg to stand on, with the police, with eBay, and so on. Glad you knew that too as many would panic and pay for it.

Another possibility of what happened - As an ebay seller, I would sometimes use the ebay shipping discount for non-ebay items. Just go to an actual recent sale of mine and an click 'print another label' - when the form comes up, you ship whatever you want to whomever you want. Confusingly, I think this sends tracking info to my former buyer.

Back