Aged Motorcraft Specialty Green vs Ravenol FL22

PXL_20210718_192221102.jpg

PXL_20210718_192230957.jpg

The Ravenol seems lighter on the right

The left is the presumed factory (12 year 105k old) Motorcraft specialty green

The colors change over time, or do you suspect it's been tampered with?

Or did I buy the wrong item?

You can mix Ravenol FL22 with Motorcraft specialty green right?

FL-22 is the same as the old Specialty Green. Don't carry the specialty green anymore as Ford has said it can be replaced by the new Motorcraft Yellow coolant. Mazda still has the FL-22 though.

FL-22 is the same as the old Specialty Green. Don't carry the specialty green anymore as Ford has said it can be replaced by the new Motorcraft Yellow coolant. Mazda still has the FL-22 though.
I hear it's on the way out
I got the last bottle my local Ford store had
I really didn't feel like flushing the whole system to switch it over to the new Yellow, so I hope 3.5 gallons will keep this car going till it's end

I have more reason to suspect that coolants factory

No cooling system part appears replaced, and this is the radiator drain plug

PXL_20210714_031300486.jpg

:oops:

Luckily, a $6 Behr replacement is readily available (MB/ other Eurotrash) vehicles use this same drain plug

I'm gonna have it apart for a thermostat/water pump, and I sourced the "waterfall" TSB kit with the new line and revised coolant bottle/water outlet

If it only lost 4-8oz in 12 years and 105k, I'm not even mad, that's a tight cooling system

I guess it just darkens with age:unsure:

I actually have like 5 or 6 gallons in a side storage room along with some orange gallons. Our goofball DMS kept billing out the green when I put hte number in for yellow because it wants to clear old inventory. I set QOH to 0 and only kept them for emergencies.

Back