After-hours ATF availability

D60

Several weeks ago I needed some ATF+4.

It was a Sunday and I didn't need it bad enough to drive into "town". My local small town has the usual suspects: a couple gas stations, independent grocer and a Family Dollar.

For giggles I checked all the above and confirmed what I already knew: you pretty much gotta find a Walmart or actual auto parts store to get your hands on +4

What surprised me was that several places carried LV (ok, not that surprising) and Type F was quite easy to find. How many people are still using Type F? Wouldn't you figure you'd sell more +4 than Type F today?

Anyway just random musings.....sometimes I find it interesting what automotive items are sold by non-automotive places

Several weeks ago I needed some ATF+4.

It was a Sunday and I didn't need it bad enough to drive into "town". My local small town has the usual suspects: a couple gas stations, independent grocer and a Family Dollar.

For giggles I checked all the above and confirmed what I already knew: you pretty much gotta find a Walmart or actual auto parts store to get your hands on +4

What surprised me was that several places carried LV (ok, not that surprising) and Type F was quite easy to find. How many people are still using Type F? Wouldn't you figure you'd sell more +4 than Type F today?

Anyway just random musings.....sometimes I find it interesting what automotive items are sold by non-automotive places
Which is funny because I think I stock maybe 2 quarts of type F at work. Ford hasn't used it in years in a transmission and anything that used it for P/S fluid you can use Mercon V or LV without any issue.

Back